Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-MBJ Gate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

ATL-MBJ Gate

So my Fiance and I are heading to Jamaica for our honeymoon in July. I noticed that the flight will depart from the C gate however I assume we will have to check in at the new international terminal. Can anyone confirm a similar experience and seems kinda strange that we would go out of the C gate for International travel.

Thank you in advance for your response,

Nick
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Departing for International is no different. It's arrivals that have to clear customs.

Assuming it's ATL-MBJ direct plan on being at the ticket counter a minimum of 90 mins prior to departure. And have valid passports ready.

On your return you will visit the International Terminal and US Customs.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
BTW, if you have no checked luggage, is it still mandatory to check in the Intl Terminal or can we use of the kiosks in the domestic terminal?

I ask, because the new shuttle from MARTA is an additional PITA for public ground transportation users.

Minos
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Checked the website and found this:

"Airport Alert: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport recently opened a new International Terminal for all International departures and arrivals.

For International travel, please take Interstate 75 (Exit 239) and follow International signs. Learn more about the new international terminal."

Looks like you have to check in at the international terminal then take the train to the domestic gate. Very strange system indeed.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

OK so just an update the flight today went out of the F-gate, I hope our flight departs from the new terminal in July. I hear great things about it!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Nickwestga
OK so just an update the flight today went out of the F-gate, I hope our flight departs from the new terminal in July. I hear great things about it!
Today's ATL-MBJ went out of C1...

Thinking the "international arrivals and departures" might apply more to foreign airlines that don't have any domestic routes out of ATL. And maybe a few domestic carriers that only fly large metal internationally.

Of course if Airtran's aircraft routing that day uses an aircraft that just returned it might indeed be F. Just guessing on that.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

I guess I will call beforehand. Just don't want to be dropped off at the wrong terminal.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by traveller001
Today's ATL-MBJ went out of C1...

Thinking the "international arrivals and departures" might apply more to foreign airlines that don't have any domestic routes out of ATL. And maybe a few domestic carriers that only fly large metal internationally.

Of course if Airtran's aircraft routing that day uses an aircraft that just returned it might indeed be F. Just guessing on that.
DL were never ones to tow arriving int'l aircraft to domestic gates and v/v - I can't see FL doing so either.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
DL were never ones to tow arriving int'l aircraft to domestic gates and v/v - I can't see FL doing so either.
What does what DL does have to do with FL?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

I thought I was pretty clear, actually.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:39 pm

Yep, well towing will happen on the FL side regardless.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by PA42
Yep, well towing will happen on the FL side regardless.
Maybe a situation where an e-mail to ATL's FL international customers may be in order? All this hype about arrivals and departures from F is going to confuse many.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:45 pm

An email every-time a gate changes or one general email?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by PA42
An email every-time a gate changes or one general email?
LOL, no just one general e-mail for local FL ATL international passengers to defuse the confusion brought on by the ATL press release about international arrivals AND departures in the new F.

An e-mail for every gate change in ATL would likely come close to crashing the internet...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Yes just a simple answer as to where you need to be dropped off to check in for an international flight. Kinda crazy they don't have an answer anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.