Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book AirTran free flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

How to book AirTran free flight?

My wife and I flew AirTan from DTW to SJU in Jan. The flight from Detroit was delayed and as compensation everyone was awarded a free flight . We plan on flying to New Orleans next Jan and would like to take advantage of the freebie. I called AirTran to confirm that we really did have these. They confirmed that we did and to use the original con.# when we were ready to book. However I cant see where to do this on their online res. site. Any ideas from someone with similiar experience?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Air Tran Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
AirTran has not yet opened their booking schedule into January yet. When in January are you planning to travel?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:20 pm

Just call the 1-800 number on the voucher, I believe it's their normal booking line. Last year I had a voucher from a canceled flight and redeemed it to LAX no problem, I was able to fly out on Friday but had to fly back on Tuesday since Monday was blacked out.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Thats the thing though. They didnt really give us an actual voucher. The gate attendant who made the announcement just said to use our con.# for the delayed flight. I know we cant yet book for Jan. but I just want to get on top of this beforehand. Looking at the res. page I dont see how to apply the con #.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
If you want to give me your confirmation # via PM I can take a look for you whats going on exactly. Though you will have to wait for January a bit longer till it opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.