Invoke survey

Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Invoke survey

Has anyone else received this email, which starts out...

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,

As a valued A+ Rewards Member, we want to thank you for your business!

As part of our ongoing efforts to better meet our Members’ needs, we would like to get your opinion on both AirTran and Southwest product offerings. We are working with Invoke Solutions, Inc. to conduct an interactive online survey. Completing a short survey will determine if you qualify for the online session; and if you do qualify, we will invite you to participate. If you participate in the entire live online session, you will receive $50 as a token of appreciation.

We truly appreciate your participation and your feedback! To see if you qualify, we ask that you answer a few short questions....
I have completed airline surveys in the past, but usually ones which take a few minutes to do online - nothing like this. I do not want to take the 75 minutes it supposedly takes to participate.

Is this truly regarding FL and WN, or is it really used for marketing purposes/leads for other companies?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:58 pm

You have to complete a survey to "qualify" for an online session? Wonder how many make the cut for that.

Sounds like they're feeling out A+ Elites for their tolerance levels on lost amenities.

I think important decisions on what to do with AirTran are still in clay.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:36 pm

Sure this is legit and not a phishing scam? Seems fairly unusual, especially at this stage of the game. Better fishing scams these days are not the too-good-to-be-true obvious deals like $50 for no work. Requiring you to do something more (or at least claiming you will need to) makes it seem more legitimate. If you do try it, be sure to keep your guard up!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knope2001
Sure this is legit and not a phishing scam? Seems fairly unusual, especially at this stage of the game. Better fishing scams these days are not the too-good-to-be-true obvious deals like $50 for no work. Requiring you to do something more (or at least claiming you will need to) makes it seem more legitimate. If you do try it, be sure to keep your guard up!
The mail originated at Go.airtran.com, which, when Googled, finds that "Go.airtran.com is a domain controlled by two domain name servers at southwest.com. Both are on different IP networks. The primary name server is ns-1.southwest.com. Incoming mail for go.airtran.com is handled by one mail server at e-dialog.com."

http://www.invoke.com/

Additional info included in the email:

Those who qualify and are selected to participate will receive access instructions via e-mail to the live online session. The online session will last approximately 75 minutes and can be accessed from your home or another location that is convenient for you. During the interactive online survey, you will be asked to interact with both a moderator (discussion leader) and other participants. This will be an engaging, lively session, and we’re sure you will find it enjoyable.

This survey is strictly for research purposes; please be assured that your individual answers will be kept completely confidential. We will not in any way attempt to sell you anything. We are inviting only a select group of people to join our online session.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

~Your friends at AirTran
Only xxxxx xxxxxx is eligible to participate in this survey and receive $50. Offer is non-transferrable. $50 incentive will be given in a form of a check by Invoke Solutions, Inc. to the Member who received and completed this survey. Mailing address will be requested during the participation of the survey in order to deliver check. AirTran A+ Rewards is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or misplaced $50 incentive. All A+ Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Please note that Invoke Solutions is responsible for executing this research on behalf of AirTran Airways. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Invoke Solutions directly at: [email protected]. Please do not include any personally identifiable information, such as Address or Phone number in your communication with Invoke.
My A+Rewards number was referenced in the message. I think it's legit, but do not intend on participating. My time is worth more than $40 an hr.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:19 pm
Suspended

I didn't get it and I fly them frequently.

If I do get it, I'm not going to participate. Southwest will only skew the results in favor of what they want to do next. Then they will tell us that "they conducted a survey" and the "survey revealed" people don't really want business class...

Sounds like Southwest is up to something, if this is actually legit.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:44 pm

I've gotten surveys from AirTran in the past, but nothing that involved invoke.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:02 am

invoke

invoke is one of the major 3rd party survey and customer satisfaction research groups....they are legit. The thing I would balk at is in order to participate in the paid survey they want you to "qualify" with a preliminary survey which 99% of people will fill out and get paid nothing....only the handpicked people with the "correct" attitude in their answers will get to move on to the paid market research study....no doubt filled with people who love Airtran and SW and think they do no wrong.
I have done a couple of 2 hour radio and music surveys....you had to pick the target station as your favorite and like all the music they play....just to qualify....then they paid you $150 to rate songs so they could adjust their tired playlist. (or convince themselves that it is fine the way it is).
The only way to beat these staged opinion polls is to lie in the initial survey, get chosen for the real survey, then tell it like it is.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:09 pm

I'd at least allow for the possibility SWA isn't looking to re-inforce decisions already taken so much as it is entertaining second thoughts about putting a bullet in the head of its successful subsidiary.

Then again, when has their management style ever been that intrepid?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:14 pm

I'd be happy to take the survey on your behalf, 9499.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:57 pm

contact info for this event

The mail I got stated that there would be an event to attend in order to get the $50.00, and that it would occur on the 22nd of March, at 6PM CST. So far no followup mailing and no URL to go to. This is strange. If anyone has contact info on this event, let me know. Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abehicks
The mail I got stated that there would be an event to attend in order to get the $50.00, and that it would occur on the 22nd of March, at 6PM CST. So far no followup mailing and no URL to go to. This is strange. If anyone has contact info on this event, let me know. Thanks!
I did not reply to the invitation, so I don't have any info regarding the above. However, there is some information on the typical scenario for an event:

http://www.getpaidsurveys.com/blog/e...ctive-surveys/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.