Same Day Confirm on FL Question

Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Same Day Confirm on FL Question

Hi! I am flying TPA-ATL-FNT on Monday at a very late time. Website says that same day can be confirmed at airport for $25 per segment. Do FL rules allow that to change skipping the ATL connection and going on the nonstop? Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Excellent question! I have never heard anything on this, either way. If no one here can help, just go ahead and call AirTran- I don't see any downside to contacting them.

Let us know what you find out!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: I fly for free.
If you want to PM me with your details I can help you out on this.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:05 am

An FL agent I spoke with says the $25 fee will get you a confirmed seat (space available) on the earlier non-stop. No extra levy.

Had you been booked on the non-stop and wanted to go earlier on a connecting flight, you'd need to pay $25 to be confirmed on each of the segments.

You're good to go, as far as I can tell!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
Also if there is a lot of empty seats on the earlier flight you can do same day standby for free. It would save you the $25 and you would still get it as long as the flight isn't close to full already.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
I have already taken care of our OP. It pays to FT sometimes
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by westau
Also if there is a lot of empty seats on the earlier flight you can do same day standby for free. It would save you the $25 and you would still get it as long as the flight isn't close to full already.
Sad that none of this will be feasible after SWA integration, absent a course correction.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by westau
A "lot" (relative of course) of empty seats can fill up with standbys on business destinations seen mostly on earlier Friday returns. The Oops moment is when a handful of Elites may trump your check-in priority on standby.

Full BC fares of course can get free confirmed even if it means coach seating due to lack of BC availability. So there are a number of variables...

On top of that though rare if IROPs occur it pretty much slims the chances standby earlier. Though if your later flight is part of that IROP you might get confirmed on availability if you are already there ready to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.