Age Restriction in Business Class?

Old May 3, 2011, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Platinum
Age Restriction in Business Class?

The Milophiles will be taking a family trip BWI-MCO soon and had a question about age restrictions in business class. We have a 6 month old (paid seat) and wasn't sure if there was an official (or unofficial policy) in regards to appropriate age to travel in business class. My opinion is that since its to MCO, this would have to be expected, but wanted to get thoughts from others. Thanks.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AirTran A+ awards, F9 Early Returns, Priority Club Platinum
There is no age restriction.

FL like all other carriers is revenue driven. They do not care about the age of the passenger paying the upgrade fee, they just care about the upgrade fee.

My wife and I always upgrade and will often upgrade our grand children when they travel with us.

Many elites dont like it, but that is the way it is.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:49 am

I don't mind folks buying upgrades for children, but it's annoying when there are infants that scream all the way to the west coast. For some reason, this has happened to me more in BC than it has in coach.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:31 pm

Children are a rare experience in BC. My experience has been mainly adults in those twelve seats.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: Airtran, Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Sky miles, Marriott Rewards Gold, Priority Club
Originally Posted by RSVP
Children are a rare experience in BC. My experience has been mainly adults in those twelve seats.
Same here...unless you're flying to MCO.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:13 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
We've taken our daughter dozens of times in business class from age 6 weeks forward. She behaves well on flights.

It's not a problem having a child in business class, but if you're in business class than you have a higher responsibility to make sure your child behaves as well as possible. People understand in business class that there are moments for children, but they don't understand when the parents are not being proactive.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Just remember to take a car seat certified for use in aircraft for the 6mo old. Under two a child has to be in a car seat or on an adult's lap.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
We've taken our daughter dozens of times in business class from age 6 weeks forward. She behaves well on flights.

It's not a problem having a child in business class, but if you're in business class than you have a higher responsibility to make sure your child behaves as well as possible. People understand in business class that there are moments for children, but they don't understand when the parents are not being proactive.
+1
Old May 4, 2011, 11:27 am

It's a personal choice, but we generally found that the three-abreast coach seats worked better for us when travelling with two adults plus kids.
Old May 13, 2011, 9:50 am

Thumbs down

Yesterday,there were two fat white 'girls' in BC,boobs hanging out,wearing wife beaters with a little kid. Real classy.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:54 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
You pay the money, you get the seat. While kids can be unruly from time to time, there's also the folks who decide to get the premium back by drinking it. By the way, they call it Business Class, but there has never been a coat closet.
Old May 19, 2011, 1:13 pm

Sometimes it's the adults who could conduct themselves more appropriately.

• Customers in row 1 who stretch out their legs and display their bare feet on the bulkhead wall for most of the flight
  • Customers whose pets continually bark or chirp through the duration of the flight
  • Those who have imbibed a bit too much and don't realize they are in confined quarters as they conduct their conversations for the entire cabin to easily hear

All of the above were in BC.

Have you ever seen the FAs do anything about the above behavior/situations?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.