$50 Visa Voucher Question

Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:26 am
Original Poster

$50 Visa Voucher Question

One of the perks of holding an Airtran Visa is being issued 2 $50 vouchers/year for travel on FL. These vouchers are only good for the purchase of a round trip ticket.

I want to use these on my upcoming trip.

Has anyone used these?

If mr and ms henryf travel on the same ticket can we apply 2 vouchers? Will we need to purchase two tickets with the same itinerary? The Visa card is in my name. I have the voucher numbers but I have never actually seen the vouchers. Can I apply one of the vouchers to ms henryf even though I am the primary card holder? Do I need to make another call to the A+ CSR?

Tnx
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:26 am
Used to be hamajicky

and to add to his questions, do i have to use the airtran visa when using these certificates? because i'd much rather use my amex costco OPEN card that gets me 5% off airtran
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by hamajicky
and to add to his questions, do i have to use the airtran visa when using these certificates? because i'd much rather use my amex costco OPEN card that gets me 5% off airtran
You can use any card for the purchase. I recently used a Frontier Master Card when redeeming my two certificates.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:26 pm

These vouchers work like cash and there are virtually no restrictions. Simply enter them in the voucher area when checking out. You can use one per traveler, so you could use both of them on an itinerary with your companion.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Tnx

If there are any questions, I will refer them to you
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:18 pm

Can these be used by anyone, I won't be using mine and wanted to give them to a friend.
I'm guessing they are like any other Airtran coupon that I have gotten from online promotions, am I correct?

Thank you
Donna
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gammieflyer
Can these be used by anyone, I won't be using mine and wanted to give them to a friend.
I'm guessing they are like any other Airtran coupon that I have gotten from online promotions, am I correct?

Thank you
Donna
I think that you can.

Be careful of the date...the date on the voucher is a "travel-by" date, not a booking date.

Best thing to do is to try it and see what happens.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
T&C's from airtran.com

4 AirTran Airways A+ Visa Card with Annual Fee Cardmembers will receive two (2) fifty dollar ($50.00) AirTran Airways Discount Certificates that will be sent to the e-mail address on file with A+ Rewards every year after the first that a cardmember has paid the Annual Fee for the coming year. The Discount Certificates are valid for round-trip AirTran Airways travel anywhere AirTran flies. These special discounts must be booked by the specific date printed on the certificate for travel good for one year from the date sent. Discount must be redeemed at the original time of purchase. Limit one (1) discount per person. Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice. AirTran Airways is solely responsible for the delivery of Anniversary Discount Certificates each year. Anniversary Discount Certificates will be sent only via e-mail. To ensure receipt, keep your e-mail address updated in your A+ Rewards account and opt in to A+ Rewards e-mails. Additional restrictions apply, see discount certificate for full details. AirTran Airways A+ Visa Card with No Annual Fee Cardmembers are not eligible for this benefit. Please allow 8-10 weeks from your anniversary date for Discount Certificates to be processed and sent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.