Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Fun $20 rebate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Great Fun $20 rebate

I just bought a flight on Airtran and was offered a Great Fun $20 rebate. The first month is free; I have to cancel within that first month to avoid further billing ($11.99/month) to my card. Has anyone done this and been able to cancel without too much trouble? I opted in for a similar offer with Ticketmaster last year and it wasn't too difficult and I got my rebate without a problem.

Also, $6 to be able to pick my seats ahead of time? I've never seen that before. I guess it's a new thing. At least they let me not choose and not pay that fee.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 2:10 am

The $6 has been around for a couple of years actually. (It was $5 last year.) $20 for exit row (was originally $15).

Dunno about Great Fun.. I generally don't do those because it only takes 1 in 5 to make it not worth the trouble for them all. Although, let me ask this - did they prompt separately for billing info or was it automatically transferred over?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

There was a link that said something like "$20 off offer" and when I clicked on it, it took me to a new window with a yes/no option. Yes = I agree to have them take all the billing info from my airtran purchase transferred to them.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: MR Gold
I didn't have any problem canceling my GreatFun account as soon as the rebate check came in the mail (well within the one month trial period).
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyerX
There was a link that said something like "$20 off offer" and when I clicked on it, it took me to a new window with a yes/no option. Yes = I agree to have them take all the billing info from my airtran purchase transferred to them.
Ahh. Next time I'll buy my ticket with a virtual account number set to only authorize the amount of the ticket. That's probably the safest way
Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I tried doing this a couple months ago with Priceline. Great Fun said they would email me the rebate form after my Priceline purchase was complete, but I never received any form. The only rebate form I could find on the Great Fun site was for a much smaller rebate than what had been promised by Priceline. It wasn't worth the hassle to pursue this matter any further, so I just canceled the account online within the first month.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:35 pm

That's my point from before. Sometimes they work out but the idea is to get you to sign up for something (not to give you a free $20). Hence, time you spend hassling the 1 in 5 that hassle you eats up any sense of free money you may have had. Thus, I just skip those offers.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:44 pm

one-time use number

I second using a one-time use CC number. Always makes these types of 'trial' periods a little easier to deal with.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:36 pm

Ticketmaster $20 rebate

Hi I just got a form saying that I could get $20 rebate on my recent purchase. Ive been expecting this form since yesterday. However, Im a little bit worried that Great Fun may charge me monthly once I sent them my receipt. I called them yesterday and got asked if I wanna try their $1 offer and I said no but I am still worried that will activate my membership without my permission once I filled out their rebate form. Suggestions?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: great fun
Originally Posted by rainbow725
Hi I just got a form saying that I could get $20 rebate on my recent purchase. Ive been expecting this form since yesterday. However, Im a little bit worried that Great Fun may charge me monthly once I sent them my receipt. I called them yesterday and got asked if I wanna try their $1 offer and I said no but I am still worried that will activate my membership without my permission once I filled out their rebate form. Suggestions?
I just called and signed up for this, obviously not thinking. After I already agreed to everything, i looked it up, and now I'm nervous.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:16 pm

was scammed by "Great Fun" when I purchased an online ticket from CheapoAir.
There was a big button in the middle of my ticket reservation stating simply that by clicking it I get a $20 rebate. When I clicked on it, a pop up appeared with just an 1-800 (1-800-822-9612)
phone number to call, absolutely nothing else. I thought it was from CheapoAir.
When my call was answered I was asked my name, address and phone number.
At that point I started to get suspicious because I had already entered the information they were asking
when making the CheapoAir reservation, so they should have had it.
So I repeatedly asked how was my information going to be used, and each time
I was assured that the information was needed "just to know where to send the rebate".

Then the telemarketer read the conditions VERY quickly, but since I was on my guard, I heard
her mention that if I don't cancel the membership then I would be charged monthly.
Right away I stopped her, and clearly stated that I refused their benefits.
I was told that I would not be enrolled without my consent,
but when I checked my credit card the next day, I already had a charge from Great Fun.

Since then I have been calling Great Fun customer service almost every day, trying to clear the charge and make sure I will not
be enrolled in the Great Fun "benefits", but they kept telling me they can't find me
in their database despite the fact that my credit card has already been charged!I talked to a supervisor, all to no avail.

If you hear "Great Fun", hang up the phone right away!

IT'S A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.