Check Your New Southwest Visas Carefully

Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Check Your New Southwest Visas Carefully

I just got my new Southwest Credit Card to replace my old Airtran Visa.

Underneath the Primary Card Holders Name is a number. Chase tells me that is the Rapid Rewards Account the points will be deposited in. Unfortunately on our card it's not the correct Rapid Rewards number and Chase tells me they can't correct the number.

I called Southwest and they advised me there was another account with the number Chase used and it had points in it.

Southwest has merged the accounts and the points will transfer to the correct Rapid Rewards Account.

Also upon checking I find that the card terms are somewhat different than the usual Rapid Rewards cards:
  • 2 Rapid Rewards Points for every $1 spent on Southwest Airlines purchases
  • 2 Rapid Rewards Points for every $1 spent on Southwest Airlines Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases
  • 1 Rapid Rewards Point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
  • 2,400 Rapid Rewards Points after your Cardmember anniversary

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Nov 24, 2014 at 10:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.