Wiki Posts
Search

Airtran WiFi (GoGo)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Airtran WiFi (GoGo)

Took a flight back on Sunday from ATL to TPA. Was hoping to get on the wifi and watch the live tv (like on SW) but it was terribly setup, over priced and seemed out of date. Couldn't even check the Airtran website because it's no longer in existence and the proxy wouldn't reroute to SW website but instead to the GoGo default paysite. Guessing since it's going away at the end of the month anyway, doesn't really matter.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:53 am

The end of next month, December 28 is the last Airtran flight.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
The end of next month, December 28 is the last Airtran flight.
Hmm.. thought it was the end of Nov for some reason. Even more reason to mirror SW in-flight on board entertainment, where/when possible, instead of offering a fragmented on board experience.

I know I'm preaching to the choir.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Actually, a few of us prefer Go-go because of monthly pay membership compatibility across several carriers, including DL. The merger is filled with fragments, that is one of the few that gives a benefit. Business class is another.

If the OP was concerned about a 717 flight by AirTran, this entire class of aircraft is being leased to Delta, supposedly at a rapid pace, although I think there are more than two dozen still operating. I can't see SWA converting the electronics for a short period of time and then DL reinstalling Go-go.

But SWA could arrange special pricing with Go-go I would think, subsidizing it as needed to "defrag" the situation. But they could have offered free baggage on AirTran years ago to eliminate that fragment as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.