Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Fellas, I'm pretty sure the sign up bonus that I signed up for included 2 business class upgrades. However, I have searched my email for keyword "AirTran" and gone through all my snail mail and found no sign of it. I signed up 3 months ago and already got my 32 credits so I should have received the upgrades by now. Do you guys recall how you received it? If by email, who was the sender?

Also, was it sent to the email registered with AirTran, or the email registered with Chase (if different, which is my case)?
I signed up around the same time as you. I messaged chase and they said that the upgrades were not part of the offer I signed up for. Instead my offer included the first years annual fee waived.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by daw4888
I signed up around the same time as you. I messaged chase and they said that the upgrades were not part of the offer I signed up for. Instead my offer included the first years annual fee waived.
Probably a different offer then. My AF wasn't waived.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:59 pm

airtran

Fellas, I'm pretty sure the sign up bonus that I signed up for included 2 business class upgrades. However, I have searched my email for keyword "AirTran" and gone through all my snail mail and found no sign of it. I signed up 3 months ago and already got my 32 credits so I should have received the upgrades by now. Do you guys recall how you received it? If by email, who was the sender?

Also, was it sent to the email registered with AirTran, or the email registered with Chase (if different, which is my case)?
I called about the same upgrades and was told they can see them at their end and I need to call to use them. the info for the upgrades is on the back of the interest rate sheet sent with card under Business Class Upgrade. I never got any physical certificate as I assumed I would get
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:56 pm

2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase。
it's attractive
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by poorguysanta
2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase。
it's attractive
Aren't two biz class upgrades the equivalent of 8 credits. While nice, it is a far cry from the 32 credit targeted offer (if it still exists)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by flatlined
Aren't two biz class upgrades the equivalent of 8 credits. While nice, it is a far cry from the 32 credit targeted offer (if it still exists)
I don't think Airtran Credit cards are still being offered.

Southwest has announced that in the next little bit here existing Airtran cards will be converted to Southwest Rapid Rewards Cards.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dangw20
Does anyone know whether you will still be able to get the sign up bonus on the Southwest version of the card that Airtran gets converted to if you haven't had it yet?

For example, if they convert the Airtran card to the Southwest Plus version...if I didn't already get the sign up bonus on the Plus before, will I be able to sign up for it and get the sign up bonus even after my Airtran card has been converted to the Plus?
Originally Posted by daw4888
Normally no, you would not get the Signup Bonus. Thats why you should cancel your Airtran card before that happens.
Well, I canceled my AT card before it got converted to a SW card, but now in my account I see a canceled SW card that was in fact my AT card. So the conversion happened after I canceled it. Wonder how that'll affect churning the SW card
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:37 am

Well, I canceled my AT card before it got converted to a SW card, but now in my account I see a canceled SW card that was in fact my AT card. So the conversion happened after I canceled it. Wonder how that'll affect churning the SW card
That is not good. Hopefully you can still get the bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.