Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:49 pm

Hate to echo a "beg", but if such a link for 32 credits still exists, may I have it PMed as well?

If it's worth anything, I first mentioned the availability of the 32 credit link publicly available on the airtran.com site on page 3 or so. So I would appreciate it as I was denied by Chase (had Barclay's Airtran card) and wife was denied by Chase at the time (too many recent).

Want to give it another shot, thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Wow, what is up with these people?

Since so many of you had issues, I called today to check on the status of my biz class upgrade certificates (made first purchase Dec. 1, have also hit the $2k spend but know that will take a little longer).

Anyway, the Air Tran guy tells me that there is no record of my Air Tran# being linked to the Chase credit card. I told him, "I'm holding the card in my hand and my Air Tran number is written at the bottom of it." So he puts me on hold to go find a supervisor to look into it.

Of course, that supervisor is off today, but my information has supposedly been sent to him to then be sent to Chase on Friday (they apparently send their list of cardholders with issues on Fridays) and I was told to call back NEXT Friday to see if it's been processed.

They seem to be making all of us work an awful lot for these "perks," no?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:32 pm

in email it says offer expires Jan 19th .. but application page still comes up .. wondering if its worth a taking a chance
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:10 pm

So I got this a few months ago, and seem to remember the link I applied through having the annual fee waived like in the OP.

But Chase is saying it wasn't and I need to send them the invitation number from the offer I received. I have no idea where this is...am I screwed? Would it even be possible to use someone else's?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by idealguru
in email it says offer expires Jan 19th .. but application page still comes up .. wondering if its worth a taking a chance
I was thinking the same thing. I would think if the application page still comes up they would offer whatever is in the T&C.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by idealguru
Today I noted the following URL in an active AirTran credit card advertising campaign (involving services that provide off-airport parking and transport).

http://www.airtran.com/park

"You'll get 32 A+ Rewards Credits. That's enough for 2 Roundtrip Flights. Just spend $2,000 in the first 3 months from account opening."

There is thus no need to take a chance.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:56 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
If the bank intended to terminate the 32-credit offer then they will fairly quickly shut down any non-targeted links that the bank becomes aware of. If you intended to apply for this card, I recommend acting within the next few days.

If this offer stays alive more than 2 weeks from now, we'll have a pretty good indication that the bank intends to keep offering 32 credits.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Lotz
From comments here and on other blogs it seems that if you are lucky enough to have multiples of the 32 credits accidentally put into your AirTran account, a "correction" will be made in a few days tops. However if you immediately transfer all your credits to Southwest, they're "safe".

The 32 credits offer was originally sent to existing AirTran members. Odd for Chase there's no biz card version but since AirTran has a limited life I suspect Chase just wants a mechanism to lure existing Air Tran cc holders to Chase from Barclays a.s.a.p. without waiting for the programs and credit cards to merge. I'm surprised Barclays doesn't have some super travel card conversion going to lure AirTran cc holders into staying.

Last edited by tassojunior; Feb 3, 2013 at 2:38 pm
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by paulroyal
Today I noted the following URL in an active AirTran credit card advertising campaign (involving services that provide off-airport parking and transport).

http://www.airtran.com/park

"You'll get 32 A+ Rewards Credits. That's enough for 2 Roundtrip Flights. Just spend $2,000 in the first 3 months from account opening."

There is thus no need to take a chance.
the link for application is dead but i was able to call the 800 number to apply. the rep verified the offer.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:56 pm

Hi,

Can someone point me to any threads / blogs that describe how transfers from AirTran to Southwest work? I am a RR member, say I apply for this card and get 32 A+ credits, how many RR points will I get for transferring them over.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, SW RR
Originally Posted by ai2160
Hi,

Can someone point me to any threads / blogs that describe how transfers from AirTran to Southwest work? I am a RR member, say I apply for this card and get 32 A+ credits, how many RR points will I get for transferring them over.

Thanks in advance for your help!
You'll get 1 standard reward for every 16 A+ credits that you transfer.

Tutorial here:

http://rewardsfarther.com/

Lots of good information on transfers between the two programs and how to extend your expiration dates here:

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php..._Rapid_Rewards
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:59 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by mmdht2
the link for application is dead but i was able to call the 800 number to apply. the rep verified the offer.
Yeah, whoever leaked the link to the blogs didn't do members here any favors. That said, I have to thank everyone else here for keeping it under wraps for a whole month.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by AlamoYankee
You'll get 1 standard reward for every 16 A+ credits that you transfer.

Tutorial here:

http://rewardsfarther.com/

Lots of good information on transfers between the two programs and how to extend your expiration dates here:

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php..._Rapid_Rewards
Thank you dude!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:04 pm

Just got my 32 bonus...very quick to show up after paying for the 2000 charged. Still trying to fight for the first year fee free...am I SOL? I could have sworn the link I applied through had no fee.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:03 pm

I think the link did have a fee- but for me there was also the promise of two upgrades. Hope so! Might see if that's worth trying AirTran for a long distance flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.