Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Award DEN-ATL & ATL-RSW, But Not DEN-RSW??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

There is award space for each segment but it cannot be booked online as a connection for just the 8 credits one way. The layover time is just under 6 hours. Is there anyway to book this trip for just 8 credits?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:23 pm

Give A+ rewards a call. They may be able to help.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Over 4 hrs would be an illegal connection (due to baggage handling). Did you check DEN-MKE-RSW for a possible?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RSVP
Give A+ rewards a call. They may be able to help.
I called and was told nothing A+ can do other than book for 16 credits. The flight schedule from DEN and to RSW is reduced after August and I wanted to travel in Sep. The effect is that certain routes on Airtran can no longer be booked at all due to illegal connection across the board. Likely it's due to WN merger.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
What specific date are you trying to book this for and specific flight #s, Ill look into this for you.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PA42
What specific date are you trying to book this for and specific flight #s, Ill look into this for you.
Looking to travel 9/4 or the day prior. Flight #133 DEN-ATL & flight #338 ATL-RSW. Looking for 2 seats.

Originally Posted by traveller001
Over 4 hrs would be an illegal connection (due to baggage handling). Did you check DEN-MKE-RSW for a possible?
I did check connecting in MKE and also BWI after you suggested it, but it's the same situation with an over 4 hour connection.

Last edited by dldkjones; Apr 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:05 pm

dldkjones: log back into your account and see if you can book that connection now. Let me know if you had success.

That is false, 4 hours is not the MaxCT in ATL for Domestic to Domestic transfers.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

dldkjones: log back into your account and see if you can book that connection now. Let me know if you had success.

That is false, 4 hours is not the MaxCT in ATL for Domestic to Domestic transfers.
On doing so, it shows up as available with the connection. Thanks for your help with this!
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:40 am

Just for you my friend ^
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)

What is then? I've had to IROP passengers to unavailable connections during weather advisories. (i.e. when they presented the day prior asking if they could get out earlier to make a connection.) And I did that only when they assured me they wouldn't be checking bags. Still listing them standby on the earlier flight if they did make it.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:00 pm

It 5 hours now, it was changed a while back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.