Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirTran website: check in problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
AirTran website: check in problems

Problem checking in for my last two flights (different days and different times of day), as follows: If logged into site ahead of the 24-hour window for check-in, the blue "check in" button does not appear in the right-hand column on the reservation line under "My Bookings tab, " but it does appear on time and as it should, when it is 24 hours or less. So far, so good.

But then I click "check in" button, sit through the "processing screen" I get the result: "too early to check in" and a request to manually input reservation information. I do, get more look-up processing, and still am told "too early" (by this time 3 minutes after original "check in" button appeared. Clearly, if AirTran's site has activated the "check in" button on an individual reservation (and it is 24 hours or less until flight time), it's not too early to check-in.

Anybody else encountering this issue? I also note that AirTran seems to have stopped sending check-in reminder emails (which always it did, whether checked-in or not already, approximately 23 hours 45 minutes before flight time). With the Southwest takeover, I don't have high expectations of AirTran investing time and effort to keep happy we legacy flyers (imagine that: AirTran as a "legacy" carrier LOL).

Any other FT-ers encountering these issues lately?

BTW, AirTran Elite here, so I know the FL website (and its legendary lousiness) only too well. How WN handles the transition of FL will be a big consideration in whether this flyer chooses WN or JetBlue for future commuting BOS-BWI.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:34 am

I have had this problem a few times, but not recently. Seems to be some kind of glitch. When it did happen, I found I could check in online by using by confirmation number and clicking through from the general check-in online button.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:15 am

OLCI not working this morning - it just times out.

The rest of the website seems functional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.