Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

AirTran in BOS moving to terminal E Nov. 2, 2011

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:11 am
Original Poster

According to a Massport sign I read today, AirTran in Boston will move from terminal C to E on November 2, 2011.

This move is not unexpected, as Southwest is in terminal E.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by will2288
According to a Massport sign I read today, AirTran in Boston will move from terminal C to E on November 2, 2011.

This move is not unexpected, as Southwest is in terminal E.
This will be a nice situation for however many months AirTran still operates as a separate entity. Terminal C is a mess in terms of departures if you are arriving by car. Having United, Jet Blue, and AirTran all crammed together is really more vehicular traffic than C was designed to handle. Once you get in the terminal, of course, it is a different story especially now with the new security area at the back of the terminal.

Who is going to take over AirTran's 3 (4?) gates?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlined
Who is going to take over AirTran's 3 (4?) gates?
I don't think there has been anything official about the future of terminal C, the biggest factor is what UA-CO will do, but I suspect B6 would be happy to have a few more gates.

You are definitely right about the congestion at the entrance of terminal C.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I'll miss easy access to Legal Seafoods and the dedicated security line with red-carpet lane for elites that never had more than one or two people in it! I will not miss the mice scattered all around the last gate up there closest to the bathrooms.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
I'll miss easy access to Legal Seafoods and the dedicated security line with red-carpet lane for elites that never had more than one or two people in it! I will not miss the mice scattered all around the last gate up there closest to the bathrooms.
Unfortunately, I have had to pick up my feet to let some of the mice run by while waiting at the WN gates in Terminal E as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.