Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

No more premium snacks in Business CLass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus

My colleague at work told me that on two recent trips, the FA told him they no longer had the premium snacks they used to serve - the basket wth the kettle chips, Milano cookies, etc. Is this true?

If it is, <deleted> you Southwest.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 3, 2011 at 6:56 am Reason: inappropriate language reported by members
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Say it ain't so! I really liked that granola snack!

They had them on my flights last week.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:47 am

A FA told me some months ago, that the contract with Pepperidge Farms cookies was not being renewed, so we would begin seeing whatever was left in the inventory.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Welcome to WN. Soon there won't be Business or any food anywhere.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Man, I know it's only a couple of dollars worth at most in extra benefit to me, but it feels like more. I am beginning to feel Southwest's indifference to our type already.

Once this BC thing is fully phased out, I will have no loyalty whatsoever to Southwest. I will use them only if I am not 100% sure of a flight to avoid change fees or if I need to check in baggage or cheaper than Delta by more than a few bucks.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Flew BC from ATL-PHL on Sep 2. They did have the snack tray. The FA ate the last kettle chips packet in front of us during takeoff and none were left by the time it was our turn to eat. But the hospitality as for serving drinks (hard and soft) was not as consistent and hospitable as in the past.

Also, when I asked for Icelandic Glacial Water, at first, the FA said none were left. Then she found 3 lying in one of the drawers in the FA cabin.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:10 pm
Suspended

They will be replacing those premium snacks with silage very shortly. There is another rumor that the issuance of boarding passes will be replaced with "ear-tagging."

It is hard to let go of Airtran, even though they sold me out. I am going to enjoy these last few months nonetheless.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:08 am

Flew BC, MKE-LAX a few days ago, the full assortment of snacks was served.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Another rumor is that the two cabins will be renamed - "Choice" and "Canner", as I hear it.

Will ear tagging hurt?

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
They will be replacing those premium snacks with silage very shortly. There is another rumor that the issuance of boarding passes will be replaced with "ear-tagging."

It is hard to let go of Airtran, even though they sold me out. I am going to enjoy these last few months nonetheless.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:14 pm

WN..the airline of ruminants?

FWIW, the BC snacks and drinks were available as usual on the Aug 25 rendition of FL325. The FA's were also wonderful
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:20 am

As a ruminant nutritionist, I'm liking all the cattle references...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:07 pm
Suspended

This past weekend I flew BWI - SRQ and back and yes, they still had the premium snacks on my flights. I lucked out and was on the 717-200 both ways.

If I remember correctly, they also had the Fuji ? water (fancy water that is in the square bottle). Although I was drinking vodka and cranberry, while listening to HairNation. Got to love Airtran business class.

When it finally dies I think we need to have a funeral.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR
Flew BOS-BWI last night and we had the premium snacks (including the cookies!) and the premium water. So they are still out there.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by saneman
My colleague at work told me that on two recent trips, the FA told him they no longer had the premium snacks they used to serve - the basket wth the kettle chips, Milano cookies, etc. Is this true?

If it is, <deleted> you Southwest.
The real joke is that FL convinced kettles that it really is "Business Class" and that the snacks are "premium." Come on, this is marketing hype and WN, kettle-based that it is, at least has the smarts not to try it.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
The real joke is that FL convinced kettles that it really is "Business Class" and that the snacks are "premium." Come on, this is marketing hype and WN, kettle-based that it is, at least has the smarts not to try it.
The seats are the same as domestic first seats on most U.S.-based carriers, so the hard product is competitive.

On short haul flights, AirTran's soft product in J (snacks, drinks, etc.) is comparable to F in the legacies. Plus, gogo wi-fi is available and you get free xm radio, which not all legacies have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.