Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frustration re: "16 bonus credits" new AirTran credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

When I signed up for my AirTran Visa card this summer, the brochure indicated I'd receive 16 bonus credits if I spent $750 in the first 90 days. I've done so, and now it appears I'm getting the run-around and bounced between AirTran and Barclays and only receiving 10 bonus credits. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by elaine1234
When I signed up for my AirTran Visa card this summer, the brochure indicated I'd receive 16 bonus credits if I spent $750 in the first 90 days. I've done so, and now it appears I'm getting the run-around and bounced between AirTran and Barclays and only receiving 10 bonus credits. Any suggestions?
Is this the offer? http://www.airtranvisa.com/AIR1

Unfortunately, I believe that you are going to have to deal with Barclays to resolve the matter, as they authorize the credits. I would call back and ask for a supervisor. If you have a copy of the brochure, tell them that you would gladly fax/email them a copy, with the offer highlighted. If you no longer have the brochure, send them the above link.

Hope they resolve this for you.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:19 am

I got the 16 credits some years ago after first use. No problems.

Don't bother dealing with AirTran. Barclays is the place to resolve your problem.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:49 pm
Suspended

My suggestion is to email them, then call 2 weeks later, then email them again 2 weeks later than that, then email them a third time giving them an additional week. That usually works for Barclays. They are very difficult to deal with. I had a similar problem and it took about 2 months to resolve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.