9W Trip Questions

Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Question 9W Trip Questions

Hello everyone,

In a 1month I'm flying from LON to PBD via BOM on work. I only have Jet Privilege Blue Plus status.

For the LON-BOM leg I have Business class (Premiere) ticket but the BOM-PBD leg is Economy as the plane is an ATR which does not have different classes, between the 2 flights I have a layover in BOM for over 12 hours.

1.1. Will I get a pass for the Mumbai lounge access from LHR at check-in, shall I have to inquire at the ticketing office in Mumbai or just show my ticket at the lounge?
1.2. Will I be able to access the Oberoi Clipper or Carnations lounge in Mumbai Domestic even though I have an Economy ticket for the second leg?
1.3. Do either of these lounges have free internet access?

----
I also sent 9W an upgrade request to upgrade me from Premier to First Class for the LON-BOM leg but I've been placed on wait list and they said I should contact them closer to departure

2.1. How does this process work because I thought if you have enough points they should give you the seat right and I checked and confirmed seats are available?
2.2. Is there any chance I will be upgraded at all?
2.3 How often should I contact them?

Thank you all for your time

anona678

Last edited by Premgenius; Sep 7, 2011 at 2:16 am
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by anona678
Hello everyone,

In a 2months I'm flying from LON to POR via BOM on work. I only have Jet Privilege Blue Plus status.
welcome to ft anona678....where is por????

For the LON-BOM leg I have Business class (Premiere) ticket but the BOM-POR leg is Economy as the plane is an ATR which does not have different classes, between the 2 flights I have a layover in BOM for over 12 hours.
is this on a single pnr????also, which 9w flight are you taking????there is one that gets in at 11 at night & another which gets in at 11 in the morning....

1.1. Will I get a pass for the Mumbai lounge access from LHR at check-in, shall I have to inquire at the ticketing office in Mumbai or just show my ticket at the lounge?
please keep in mind that the lounge is closed at night so if you are taking the flight that gets in at 11pm then you will not have lounge access....

1.2. Will I be able to access the Oberoi Clipper or Carnations lounge in Mumbai Domestic even though I have an Economy ticket for the second leg?
you can pay to access the lounge or can access it if you have priority pass....on an economy ticket they will not give you access....

1.3. Do either of these lounges have free internet access?
yes they do....infact, if i remember correctly, there is free wi-fi at the airport....

I also sent 9W an upgrade request to upgrade me from Premier to First Class for the LON-BOM leg but I've been placed on wait list and they said I should contact them closer to departure
keep calling them....

2.1. How does this process work because I thought if you have enough points they should give you the seat right and I checked and confirmed seats are available?
its not just enough for a seat to be available, a reward seat must be available in order for you to get the seat....

2.2. Is there any chance I will be upgraded at all?
if they can't sell all the seats before departure then you should get it....

2.3 How often should I contact them?
pester them as often as you can....
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
welcome to ft anona678....where is por????
Porbandar

is this on a single pnr????also, which 9w flight are you taking????there is one that gets in at 11 at night & another which gets in at 11 in the morning....
Yes, all on a single PNR. Taking the day flight from LHR that arrives into Mumbai at 00:30.

please keep in mind that the lounge is closed at night so if you are taking the flight that gets in at 11pm then you will not have lounge access....
According to the Jet site the lounges in Mumbai domestic are open 24 hours http://www.jetairways.com/EN/GL/Prod...rtLounges.aspx

you can pay to access the lounge or can access it if you have priority pass....on an economy ticket they will not give you access....
Do I get the Priority Pass from LHR or from BOM?
There are no classes in the ATR planes and my first leg is business will this still cause problem?

yes they do....infact, if i remember correctly, there is free wi-fi at the airport....
Thanks was not aware of this.

keep calling them....
Will do

its not just enough for a seat to be available, a reward seat must be available in order for you to get the seat....
Alright, was not aware of this.

if they can't sell all the seats before departure then you should get it....
Fingers cross I do

thanks

pester them as often as you can....
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I think the OP means Porbandar, (PBD/VAPR) not the airport in Finland... it would take a long time otherwise from BOM-POR on an ATR
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rathin100
I think the OP means Porbandar, (PBD/VAPR) not the airport in Finland... it would take a long time otherwise from BOM-POR on an ATR
that's exactly what i was thinking....
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Been doing some reading around and from what I understand I will have to ask for the BOM lounge pass at the transfer counter in BOM. I have an email from 9W JP center that I would be given access to the lounge, but guess you never know when your in BOM it may all change.

How far is the Oberoi and Carnations lounge from each other? From what I read the Carnations lounge is much better to the Oberoi and can be accessed by everyone willing to pay INR300, is this true? This is a backup plan.

Also from reading, is that if I don't get upgraded by JP miles. I have to ask at the counter during check in to be wait listed for the upgrade and if lucky be upgraded when boarding, because the JP system does not sync the upgrade request to the check-in and boarding gate systems

The above is from reading various different things on the net so feel free to correct.

Last edited by Premgenius; Aug 26, 2011 at 1:58 am
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been doing some reading around and from what I understand I will have to ask for the BOM lounge pass at the transfer counter in BOM. I have an email from 9W JP center that I would be given access to the lounge, but guess you never know when your in BOM it may all change.
if you are traveling in business or first then your boarding pass will be enough to use the lounge during transit....

How far is the Oberoi and Carnations lounge from each other? From what I read the Carnations lounge is much better to the Oberoi and can be accessed by everyone willing to pay INR300, is this true? This is a backup plan.
both lounges are nothing to write home about....i prefer the carnations lounge but its like a zoo at most times....

Also from reading, is that if I don't get upgraded by JP miles. I have to ask at the counter during check in to be wait listed for the upgrade and if lucky be upgraded when boarding, because the JP system does not sync the upgrade request to the check-in and boarding gate systems
if you don't get upgraded then just ask at the check-in counter....if a seat opens up then you will get it....i have rarely seen first class go full so there is a good chance you will get it....

The above is from reading various different things on the net so feel free to correct.
the more you read the more you will have things to worry about....just relax & enjoy the 9w experience....
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Keyser thanks for the reply. That's my concern. I will have the Business/First Class boarding pass from LHR but the connecting domestic flight is an all Economy class only. So I'm not sure if they will let me access the lounge on the basis that the domestic flight is Economy
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keyser thanks for the reply. That's my concern. I will have the Business/First Class boarding pass from LHR but the connecting domestic flight is an all Economy class only. So I'm not sure if they will let me access the lounge on the basis that the domestic flight is Economy
it should not be a problem....worse case scenario you can pay for access but it shouldn't come to that....
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:52 am
Original Poster

thanks. Def looking forward now only if I had a time machine to jump forward

side note: Still bugging 9W for my upgrade
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

side note: Still bugging 9W for my upgrade
keep pestering....
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:04 am
Original Poster

I got a call and email confirming my upgrade from Business to First at the end of last week .

I was told that there would be a tax difference payment that would need to be paid before the flight by the JP centre originally. This was not mentioned in the confirmation call, I dropped by to the Jet office to pay the tax on the JP upgrade. After a few phone calls and confriming with another person in the office by the receptionist, I was informed that because the ticket was Business going to First there would be no additional tax to pay, just the JP miles which have been redeemed.

Looks like the JP centre staff are not clear on whether there is or there is not tax to be paid.

Checked seatguru but there are no negatives listed on any 777 First class seat, unless anyone can advise avoiding a particular seat I've made a pre-allocation for the present time.

thanks for all the advice, I'm sure excited hope they don't revert and cancel the upgrade now only if could time travel

Last edited by Premgenius; Sep 7, 2011 at 2:11 am
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a call and email confirming my upgrade from Business to First at the end of last week.
good job....^^

I was told that there would be a tax difference payment that would need to be paid before the flight by the JP centre originally. This was not mentioned in the confirmation call, I dropped by to the Jet office to pay the tax on the JP upgrade. After a few phone calls and confriming with another person in the office by the receptionist, I was informed that because the ticket was Business going to First there would be no additional tax to pay, just the JP miles which have been redeemed.

Looks like the JP centre staff are not clear on whether there is or there is not tax to be paid.
no tax needs to be paid....i have upgraded my wife's ticket from business to first a bunch of times & have never had to pay anything extra....

Checked seatguru but there are no negatives listed on any 777 First class seat, unless anyone can advise avoiding a particular seat I've made a pre-allocation for the present time.

thanks for all the advice, I'm sure excited hope they don't revert and cancel the upgrade now only if could time travel
there are a bunch of threads on ft about jet first....a simple search should get you the results you are looking for....there is lots of good info in those threads....

enjoy your flight....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.