Air Berlin Elite Benefits

Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1MM 1K, KLM/AF Plat, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Air Berlin Elite Benefits

I travel a bit of Air Berlin within Europe (am a 1K with United so primarily fly Star).

Anybody travel *a lot* on Air Berlin?

Have you noticed any undocumented benefits? This airline is expanding internationally so I'm wondering whether their Frequent Flyer program is going to mature and start offering real benefits.

Best,

EndlosLuft
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Currently without any status :(
They have cut down on good benefits, but so far i like flying with airberlin for several reasons.

the planes seem nice and fresh and you always have a good chance of a place being free next to you as they totally enforce a "leave the middle seat free until nothing else goes"

they are bad though with having your miles listed, i had to call several times.

they offer better miles than some other carriers and have decent priced flights, especially one way.

so not so much for the ffp but for the actual service.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
The AB FFP has lost its magic since the enhancements from last November. Up to then AB was a pretty good choice compared to LH as they offered similar priced (often cheaper) tickets and gave out full miles even for the cheapest one.

Last November they changed the rules and will now credit only 125 or 250 miles oneway on their cheaper tickets for domestic and European services. In general (earning/spending chart) they offer now more or less thes same as LH but without the nice status perks (no lounge access, no priority luggage, no partner network) so gold status is IMHO pretty useless - as the whole program is, unless you are flying them frequently on longhauls, better in longhaul Business or buying the flexible tickets.

To become more attractive they are in strong need to find partner airlines or move to an alliance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.