No more AB lounge in DUS.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Good point!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I just flew from Düsseldorf to Florence on AB this evening. The AB Junkers lounge is open and was full. It did have a feel of the US embassy in Saigon on the final day before withdrawing but it was open for business.

It was also full.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by gosha83
I just flew from Düsseldorf to Florence on AB this evening. The AB Junkers lounge is open and was full. It did have a feel of the US embassy in Saigon on the final day before withdrawing but it was open for business.

It was also full.
The Junkers lounge is not an AB lounge, but a contract lounge. So I doubt it will go out of business. Certainly, without AB, it will be much calmer.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:01 pm

Was informed on 14 September TLV-TXL that the Dan Lounge was no longer accessible to Air Berlin customers and that Air Berlin has left oneworld (I'm a non-AB oneworld Emerald).

While I know the latter is not true, it appears that either the TLV lounge has withdrawn service to Air Berlin, or the airline has decided to no longer provide access.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Was informed on 14 September TLV-TXL that the Dan Lounge was no longer accessible to Air Berlin customers and that Air Berlin has left oneworld (I'm a non-AB oneworld Emerald).

While I know the latter is not true, it appears that either the TLV lounge has withdrawn service to Air Berlin, or the airline has decided to no longer provide access.
Most likely the latter.

The Dan Lounge at TLV is a 3rd party lounge and AB needs to pay the lounge operator for each pax thatenters the lounge.

I'd assume AB is no longer interested / able to pay the operator for its pax to access the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.