Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Air Berlin Still Crediting Miles to AA

Air Berlin Still Crediting Miles to AA

Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Thank you, very curious to see the outcome.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
I requested credit with AA online yesterday. Will post back with the resolution.

Just looked today and flights from 8/22 posted on Sept 12.. put me over 3 million AA miles..so hopeful the 9/8 return will also post with time.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
In my Qantas account the AB flights were not credited, but "missing points claim" was apparently accepted and after some waiting time the flights showed up and credited points and status.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When a OW carrier credits for flights on another carrier, there is a charge. Should it come to pass that AB does not pay up for miles it has advised have been earned, it is likely that the issuing carrier will revoke the miles/points and direct the passenger to AB.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Any precedents for that happening? I agree with your logic of the situation and what would make sense, but I wonder if the miles would really be revoked, or that there would be a cut off date beyond which no crediting would occur, as has already been announced by some OW airlines, but not AA. Big deal to those of us who have flown AB recently, but it is probably less than a drop in a bucket to AA.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Often1
When a OW carrier credits for flights on another carrier, there is a charge. Should it come to pass that AB does not pay up for miles it has advised have been earned, it is likely that the issuing carrier will revoke the miles/points and direct the passenger to AB.
I can tell you from prior experience with my reviewed AA and various other Oneworld accounts that once the miles have been automatically credited to the reviewed AA and other current Oneworld airlines' accounts, I've seen no such thing happen to such credited miles due to a former partner airlines' going under.

With claims for missing points the situation can be more complex, as some airlines may sometimes grant provisional credit. Provisional credit miles being revoked has some limited history.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:38 pm

Just logged a missing miles request for PRG-TXL-SFO on Sept 1st. Not getting my hopes up but worth a try at least...I have a bunch of flights coming up in the next two months so hopefully that counts for something.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Could be true. Also could be true they have already prepaid for a bank of miles. No way to know for sure without industry knowledge.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seawolf
Could be true. Also could be true they have already prepaid for a bank of miles. No way to know for sure without industry knowledge.
AB pre-paying all OW partner airlines for miles? It hasnt happened.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by GUWonder
AB pre-paying all OW partner airlines for miles? It hasnt happened.
You saying American has been falsifying their annual report?

We also sell loyalty program mileage credits to participating airline partners and non-airline business partners. Sales of mileage credits to non-airline business partners is comprised of two components, transportation and marketing. We account for mileage sales under our agreements with non-airline business partners in accordance with Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2009-13, Revenue Recognition (Topic 605) Multiple-Deliverable Revenue Arrangements. In accordance with Topic 605, we allocate the consideration received from the sale of mileage credits based on the relative selling price of each product or service delivered.
Without insider knowledge, it's hard to conclude which model (pre-paid/post-paid) is/was in effect with AB and AA.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:59 am
Suspended

You saying American has been falsifying their annual report?

Without insider knowledge, it's hard to conclude which model (pre-paid/post-paid) is/was in effect with AB and AA.
Your question is a non-sequitur to what I posted. It’s only your post in this thread that referred to anything about AMR falsifying a compliance filing.

And that bundled language in the 10-K isn’t in contradiction to what I stated above.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 22, 2017 at 8:06 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Member

Your question is a non-sequitur to what I posted. It’s only your post in this thread that referred to anything about AMR falsifying a compliance filing.

And that bundled language in the 10-K isn’t in contradiction to what I stated above.
No one is saying you are right or wrong. All I am saying is FT doesn't know what the relationship is between AB and AA. You don't know, I don't know, Often1 doesn't know. 10K indicates it is entirely acceptable for airlines partners to pre-purchase miles. If you want to be right and prove me wrong, prove it and start attaching agreements between AA and OW and AB.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended

No one is saying you are right or wrong. All I am saying is FT doesn't know what the relationship is between AB and AA. You don't know, I don't know, Often1 doesn't know. 10K indicates it is entirely acceptable for airlines partners to pre-purchase miles. If you want to be right and prove me wrong, prove it and start attaching agreements between AA and OW and AB.
Given I have had some history of having access to AMR's 10-K before the 10-Ks even became public, make of it what you want.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:31 pm
Original Member

Given I have had some history of having access to AMR's 10-K before the 10-Ks even became public, make of it what you want.
So you are one of the EDGAR hackers?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX PLAT
You know nothing without providing proof. And what AMR are you talking about??? FYI AMR ceased to exist in 2013 pre merger. If you can contribute something constructive, do it, otherwise step aside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.