Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Top bonus suspended accurals and redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top bonus suspended accurals and redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Qatar, Finnair and Iberia have stopped giving miles for AB flights. Qantas and BA will stop in November
Any information from AA. Dont see anything on the website as of yet, and lots of domestic concerns right now with the hurricanes.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Any information from AA. Dont see anything on the website as of yet, and lots of domestic concerns right now with the hurricanes.
Originally Posted by oneworld

Frequent flyer accrual and redemption on airberlin suspended

airberlin has advised that accrual and redemption of miles/points by members of all oneworld® member airlines’ (and other partners’) frequent flyer programmes for flights on airberlin has been suspended, following the filing for insolvency by topbonus, the company operating airberlin’s own loyalty scheme, and by the airline itself.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:00 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Future of topbonus / Pop-up Shop

For now, the only option to redeem miles is the "pop-up shop" for a cent to mile ratio of 0.2.
The only offer for a status match came from AY so far and lasted for about a week.
And EY hasn't made any offers for tb members at all.
Does anyone still see a chance of survival or an afterlife for tb? Or is it still too early to call?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by txl
For now, the only option to redeem miles is the "pop-up shop" for a cent to mile ratio of 0.2.
The cent to mile ration is much closer to 0.0.

All those vouchers have either almost zero value or can be found for free online, they are valid only for first time customers, have other restrictions etc....

The items you can buy for a EUR amount + miles can be found for cheaper online to outright buy with cash.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:33 am

When I login at topbonus.airberlin.com in German language I get the option "Prämienflug buchen", thus book an award ticket. (This option, however, is not available when logging in in English.)

When continuing it looks that at least some Finnair and S7 flights can be booked online, e.g. DUS-Helsinki, DUS-Moscow for 10.000 miles one-way...

Is that real? Did I miss something? Or can I still get *something*, I mean a flight, for my miles?!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:44 am

You can book, but you will never get an eTicket ...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:51 pm
formerly Goflyer100

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
You can book, but you will never get an eTicket ...
I wanted to book CPH-HEL-AMS for 10K miles and EUR 29 tax. However when I clicked on redeem miles and start flight booking I got the error [CAB:E0D300]. So if I undertand correctly it is not possible to redeem miles on flights except Etihad?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:34 pm

That is correct
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I know these are meager offers, but here they are for general completeness. You can now exchange TopBonus miles for Zalando gift cards and Etihad Holidays vouchers.

https://shop.topbonus.de/loyrewards/home
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by Concerto
I know these are meager offers, but here they are for general completeness. You can now exchange TopBonus miles for Zalando gift cards and Etihad Holidays vouchers.

https://shop.topbonus.de/loyrewards/home
The Zalando offer borders on insulting... Pay 22.50euro and 1250 miles for a 25euro gift card. Several times a year you can get a better deal than that at the supermarket.

The Bringmeister "reward" you can often find for free as a promotion.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
It's weird to see Topbonus without it's airline. Now it is called topbonus loyalty, I wonder how long TB will survive.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But if we hang on, they might just comp us into the Etihad programme. We will just have to see.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Problem is that TB has no value. Thus, anything you are offered is simply to attract you to that other business. No different than offering free coffee to people with blue hair on Thursdays or somesuch.

I would print out everything that supports your current balance and save that somewhere. It is unlikely to ever be useful, but there is no way to tell.
Jma12 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Topbonus is now offering shoop.de which it was a partner of previously. The latter is a shopping cashback portal in Germany. It was previously possible to convert cashback into Topbonus miles and this appears to be the case again. This is good, because I have 66,000 miles and would like to redeem for a ticket to Asia, which would be 70,000 RT. So, bad deal or not, this would get rid of my Topbonus miles for once and for all and I can simply shut the whole nightmare down and forget about it.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
This is good, because I have 66,000 miles and would like to redeem for a ticket to Asia, which would be 70,000 RT.
If you go over to VFT, you will find many people are giving away their miles for free during the "free family transfer" period. I would look there first before paying cash for those 4k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.