Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Top bonus suspended accurals and redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top bonus suspended accurals and redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Handelsblatt reports that today topbonus indeed has filed for insolvency, too.

Will they now inform members?

Here is the "communication".

Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Handelsblatt reports that today topbonus indeed has filed for insolvency, too.

I doubt it. All the funny handshakers will be busy splitting the proceeds among themselves. Certainly no time to keep the clients informed.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
If members visit their website they will be informed:

https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/tb?locale=en_DE
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:40 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Isn't it funny that the website still advertises and offers earning and redeeming?

It seems you can't enroll as a new member anymore.

But for many partner links the situation is unchanged: you can use their services or order something and get topbonus miles for it. You would certainly expect this to be disabled for some days now. This is very neglegent by topbonus.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:42 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by Flip42
If members visit their website they will be informed:

https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/tb?locale=en_DE
How many members will know the adress of this website? All the time I logged in via the AB website. The link from the AB website to topbonus is pulled for some days now.

An email to all members is now overdue!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
How many members will know the adress of this website? All the time I logged in via the AB website. The link from the AB website to topbonus is pulled for some days now.

An email to all members is now overdue!
As is action by OW to keep members in OW programs instead of jumping ship to scary team or Star....

For all intense and purposes members are left in limbo now for sure! I for one thought RAY guest would absorb TB but I guess that was a utopistix view
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just got an email from the Air Berlin creditcard provider, for those of you who speak German.

Informationen zu Ihrer airberlin Visa Card.

Sehr geehrter Herr ...,

unser Kooperationspartner topbonus hat heute auf seiner Webseite darüber informiert, dass topbonus einen Antrag auf Insolvenz eingereicht hat. Das Sammeln und Einlösen von topbonus Meilen ist demnach weiterhin ausgesetzt. Die Teilnahme am topbonus Programm bestehe weiterhin fort, der Zugang zu Ihrem topbonus Konto und die Abfrage des Meilenstandes sowie der Zugriff auf Ihr Profil seien nach wie vor möglich.

Ihre airberlin Visa Card kann weiterhin uneingeschränkt innerhalb Ihres Verfügungsrahmens eingesetzt werden.

Angesichts der aktuellen Situation arbeiten wir mit Hochdruck an einem attraktiven Angebot für Sie und werden Sie Anfang der nächsten Woche darüber informieren.

Bei Fragen stehen wir Ihnen rund um die Uhr unter der Telefonnummer 030 / 2455 2494 zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

airberlin KreditkartenService
Landesbank Berlin AG
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Just got an email from the Air Berlin creditcard provider, for those of you who speak German.
So, das "Die Teilnahme am topbonus Programm bestehe weiterhin"... Aber "Das Sammeln und Einlösen von topbonus Meilen ist demnach weiterhin ausgesetzt"...

Damit besteht keine Möglichkeit der Teilnahme Diese Idioten...

I got the email this morning as well. I am waiting to see how this plays out and am curious what LBB will offer as a substitute before I cancel the card. It was good while it lasted.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Amb, PC Spire, Turkish Elite, Lufthansa FTL, Amex Plat
Even though TopBonus is owned by ETIHAD by 70% they are going down as well...same procedure as with AirBerlin...> than 120k miles GONE for me. Thank you ETIHAD, i will NEVER fly with you!

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unt...a-1164531.html
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I suspect that this is consequential and has little to do with Etihad. AB not crediting, probably means that TB has no income and cannot operate.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
An article in English about the insolvency...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1B51D1

Originally Posted by Mystery_Voyager
Even though TopBonus is owned by ETIHAD by 70% they are going down as well...same procedure as with AirBerlin...> than 120k miles GONE for me. Thank you ETIHAD, i will NEVER fly with you!
Yuck, sorry to hear that. Since its independent, I suspect even if AB is saved the new owners don't have to buy Topbonus (compared to when USAir bought American Air)?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your best hope is to keep a printout of your TB statement while it can still be accessed and to hope that some carrier comes along wanting to earn your business by crediting you something for that account.

The real lesson for the future is for any FF to remember that miles/points are about the last thing anybody worries about in administering an insolvency in any jurisdiction. If you are in a program which becomes financially suspect -- as AB has been for some time -- get out while you can.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:51 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gig103
An article in English about the insolvency...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1B51D1

Yuck, sorry to hear that. Since its independent, I suspect even if AB is saved the new owners don't have to buy Topbonus (compared to when USAir bought American Air)?
AA simply moved all US FF members to AAdvantage with miles and full privileges.
I was CP and was given EXP status, that I maintain till today.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK2751
I suspect that this is consequential and has little to do with Etihad. AB not crediting, probably means that TB has no income and cannot operate.
TB doesn't have sufficient income and performing assets to be solvent when it's most significant customer and marketing partner has failed to deliver as it has.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have a load of DeutschlandCard points, and I almost converted a pile to TopBonus 3 weeks ago to top it up for planned award flights (or upgrades). By luck I held off converting, probably because I had other things to attend to. Now, I wonder, what are DeutschlandCard points good for? I'm not into Sachprämien because I think they're 'seconds' for the most part. My experience with the Payback gift catalog (which is what I guess Sachprämien is in English) was so bad I swore only to take M&M miles from then on. But I guess VFT is the place to discuss the DeutschlandCard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.