Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Baggage Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Lost Baggage Compensation

For those following along, we had a rough go of it with AB in July. 6+ hours delays on the way there (we're awaiting our EU 261 cash compensation wire transfer), and a lost bag (our son's car seat) on the way back.

Can anyone advise on how to get lost baggage compensation or even a full report on the situation from AB? I originally filed a claim with Swissport in BOS. However, Swissport and AB informed me that after 5 days (the bag was lost in mid-July), the claim gets transferred to Baggage Express. According to AB, Baggage Express only has email, there is no one I can call, and the last AB agent I spoke with told me to threaten a lawsuit and "that should get them to respond very fast." Turns out, it didn't. Moreover, Chase (whom we have delayed/lost baggage protection with) won't reimburse us because AB won't even give me an official claim, and apparently the Swissport one isn't good enough.

So, does anyone have any tricks, phone numbers, strategies to get AB and/or Baggage Express to engage on this? At this point, it's clearly lost, and we're really just looking to be compensated and be done. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Aknoff
For those following along, we had a rough go of it with AB in July. 6+ hours delays on the way there (we're awaiting our EU 261 cash compensation wire transfer), and a lost bag (our son's car seat) on the way back.

Can anyone advise on how to get lost baggage compensation or even a full report on the situation from AB? I originally filed a claim with Swissport in BOS. However, Swissport and AB informed me that after 5 days (the bag was lost in mid-July), the claim gets transferred to Baggage Express. According to AB, Baggage Express only has email, there is no one I can call, and the last AB agent I spoke with told me to threaten a lawsuit and "that should get them to respond very fast." Turns out, it didn't. Moreover, Chase (whom we have delayed/lost baggage protection with) won't reimburse us because AB won't even give me an official claim, and apparently the Swissport one isn't good enough.

So, does anyone have any tricks, phone numbers, strategies to get AB and/or Baggage Express to engage on this? At this point, it's clearly lost, and we're really just looking to be compensated and be done. Thanks!
I very much feel your pain. AB stranded my luggage in dus on a recent trip and it took me weeks of a campaign of countless calls/emails to get any action. Baggage Express has only email and fax - they do have some phone numbers that I found, but will not answer. Have you made any progress since posting? If not, pm me and when I get home from my current trip I will share the various contact email addresses that I found in case there are some you don't have as well as some tips.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
You will have a hard time getting any cash as they are bankrupt - nobody will pay at this point!
Wait until new owners show up....if any....
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your ticket is covered by the Montreal Convention and at 21 days a bag is considered lost, even if later located.

At this point I would make a claim for the lost bag (car seat). You are entitled to fair market value up to a maximum of approx. $1,650.00.

However, due to AB's insolvency, that claim will simply be yet one more unsecured claim extraordinarily unlikely to ever be paid.

I would email AB, asking that it respond with its claim number. Whatever you get back, print out and submit to Chase, noting that because AB is insolvent, you are unable to obtain more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.