Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Difference Between: Status miles received & Status miles for an upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered, I went through a bunch of search results but can't really find what I am looking for.

On the Airberlin website, when I click my username on the top right, I see

Status miles received 25,000/25,000
Status miles for an upgrade 41,369/50,000

Flight segments received 5/30
Flight segments for an upgrade 9/60

topbonus status as of: 05/07/17

When I click the "My Profile" link it shows:

Your current topbonus status: Silver valid until 30/06/18

To maintain your status 01/05/17 - 31/05/18
Status miles collected: 27,095
Status miles to be collected: 0

Flights completed: 5
Flights to be completed: 25

On the iPhone application, it shows 41,369 / 50,000 under "Status Miles" & 9/60 under "Flight Segments".

1.) Where are these 41,369 status miles coming from?

2.) Why does one part of the website show 27,095 status miles collected but the other show I have collected 41,369 out of the needed 50,000 for gold?

3.) All status miles expire every 12 months, correct?

I read the terms and conditions on AB website but I am still unclear. Am I missing something completely obvious?

Thanks!

Last edited by tsolaaa; Jul 5, 2017 at 9:37 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This does look strange to me, a bug? It appears that you are 8631 miles away from Gold and that you have already re-qualified for Silver?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by wazow
This does look strange to me, a bug? It appears that you are 8631 miles away from Gold and that you have already re-qualified for Silver?
Yeah, it is weird.

I just requalified for Silver. Along with what I have already accumulated this year. I upgraded my paid eco ticket from LAX > TXL two weeks ago to business using miles (BUS J) and they credited me some 18k for the journey. (Was pretty sure you don't collect miles after upgrading with miles, even states so in their T&C's, unless I am misunderstanding)

So the 25k "Status Miles Received" makes sense.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:53 am

To answer your questions:

1.) Those miles were accumulated in the last 13 months. That is the period counting for a status upgrade. You are indeed 8,631 miles away from gold, but remember that the oldest status miles will expire after 13 months, so depending on your past and future flights you could need more than 8,631 miles.

2.) The 27,095 miles were collected between 01/05/17 and today.

3.) To be precise, they expire every 13 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.