Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Insurance to re-credit miles after cancellation of award flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Topbonus does not recredit a single mile if one has to cancel an award flight. But I have once seen that they offer an insurance to cover that risk. Now I can not find anything on their website any more. Does anyone know if this product still exists and where I can find details please?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:36 am

This insurance is no longer offered from TB.
As far as I know it was discontinued in 2016.

But you can sue them to get the miles back.
In Germany it has already been done succesfully.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF-KL Gold, AB Plat
I do actually see this one on the AB website:

https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/t...r?locale=en_DE

Isn't that what you were talking about?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

That's it. Thanks.
Quite expensive though and the only cover 80% of the used miles and re-credit them only after 2 months which can be tricky.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:43 am

Well, if the flight is cancelled, you are supposed to get at least 250 EUR in compensation. That's around 75-80k miles, i.e., about the amount you would expend for that flight, anyway.

Lufthansa and British Airways do credit miles for cancelled flights automatically. (Fortunately) I have not had the experience of cancelled award flights with airberlin (yet). They should do the same. If not, file a complaint here: https://www.airberlin.com/en/feedback/complaint

Cheers,
--j.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks but I am sorry I think I have not been clear enough: I meant to say an insurance that protects the loss of miles if I have to cancel the trip (i.e. because of illness).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.