Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my flight confirmed?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Is my flight confirmed?

I booked a flight online at AirBerlin and the reservation shows as booked via
(i) confirmation email
(ii) my booking area within the AirBerlin website.
(iii) further, my cc was successfully confirmed post purchase (although I haven't seen the charge go through on the cc since it's been less than 30 minutes).

However, I received an email 10 minutes after booking stating the following:

"Dear passenger,
Thank you for your booking. The status of the booking currently is not confirmed.
Please be so kind as to verify your booking with your ID or passport and card used for payment duly at the airberlin airport counter before check-in.
Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards,
Your airberlin"

What does that mean? Do I simply need to check-in upon arriving at the airport to show my passport and cc? Or do I need to check in before my flight to prove something to them - or my booking will be cancelled?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Just checked my mailbox history. Never seen this before from AB. Something seems to be not quite right.

(but my sample is only European shorthauls; the practice may differ for long hauls, etc)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:22 am

I would go to Checkmytrip.com and find out if the flights are confirmed and if there is a ticket number displayed. If there is a ticket number you should be fine and then I would call them to find out what this strange email is about. If there is no ticket number it is likely to be cancelled automatically. Unfortunately I can also only guess as I have not seen such a message ever before from AB.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Reading the e-mail it looks more like a fraud prevention action - they want to see the credit card you used to purchase your ticket. Some Asian airlines (like TG) do this all the time. Just do not forget to bring the credit card!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TPJ
Reading the e-mail it looks more like a fraud prevention action - they want to see the credit card you used to purchase your ticket. Some Asian airlines (like TG) do this all the time. Just do not forget to bring the credit card!
Ah yes, this is likely what it is. This happened to me once before on some obscure Asian airline (I think in Myanmar). Surprised to see it happen on AirBerlin!

I can easily bring my cc. I guess I have to call just in case. Can't have the flight cancelled on me.

Thanks all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.