Go Back   > > >
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 11, 17, 7:17 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 58
how would you use 300.000 miles?

Hi,
I have 300k+ miles in my topbonus account... what is in your opinion the best way to use them?

I would like to use them for a F/C ( of course F not with AB) flight somewhere and i am looking for ideas.. but maybe there are better ways to use them


Thanks
herrprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 17, 7:45 am   #2
Moderator, OneWorld
  
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SEA
Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Posts: 8,627
Moving this to the Air Berlin board.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Gardyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 17, 6:23 am   #3
  
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrprofessor View Post
I would like to use them for a F/C ( of course F not with AB) flight somewhere and i am looking for ideas.. but maybe there are better ways to use them
You can't book any F awards with TB (regardeless which airline).

For ideas Google is your friend:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Inspiration
...
MultiFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 17, 10:28 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Internet
Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Delta SkyMiles, Aegean, Aadvantage
Posts: 587
As quickly as possible before airBerlin is bankrupt!
TProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 17, 10:17 am   #5
  
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In transit between DUS, LCY and NYC
Programs: LH SEN, AB Patinum, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 9,053
The mileage program has nothing to do with AB, it is a separate corporation owned by Ethiad. The other question could however be that the depart from OW and this would restrict the use of miles dramatically.
Flying Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 17, 4:54 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: Airberlin, Platinum Topbonus, Sigapore Airlines Krisflyer , Hilton hhonors Gold, Spg/sheraton gold
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrprofessor View Post
Hi,
I have 300k+ miles in my topbonus account... what is in your opinion the best way to use them?

I would like to use them for a F/C ( of course F not with AB) flight somewhere and i am looking for ideas.. but maybe there are better ways to use them


Thanks
You could try using your miles on Around The World OW Flights on C

e.g Germany to LAX, LAX-SYD, SYD-HKG, HKG-Germany
RolfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 4:38 am   #7
  
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux
Programs: FB Gold, M&M FTL, BA Bronze,,AB Red, SBB GA
Posts: 4,765
I would fancy that redemption where somebody managed to book a one way to the US via HKG, with a stopover of a few days there, for just 60,000 miles. i wonder in all practicality if it really is possible to do that! Obviously that would be combining AB and CX.
Concerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:31 am   #8
330
  
Join Date: May 2016
Location: On EW/4U Aircraft / TXL and COR
Programs: AB Emerald, LH*S
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I would fancy that redemption where somebody managed to book a one way to the US via HKG, with a stopover of a few days there, for just 60,000 miles. i wonder in all practicality if it really is possible to do that! Obviously that would be combining AB and CX.
There has been a Memo to all Agents regarding this practice, so this ainīt possible anymore.
330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 am   #9
  
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux
Programs: FB Gold, M&M FTL, BA Bronze,,AB Red, SBB GA
Posts: 4,765
You're kidding me! Since when? I haven't been over to VFT for quite a while, so that's probably why I missed out on these developments.
Concerto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:04 am   #10
  
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 119
This memo must be quite new.
Yesterday it was still possible ...
MultiFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top