Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Best Redemption on Partner Airline from Europe,USA to Middle East

Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Hi Folks

I am new to Airberlin Airline and Would like to know what is the best redemption rate, low surcharges and fees. Because, I went through the redemption page and it shows 500 EUR Surcharges between Europe and Middle East on Etihad Airways.

Thanks in Advance
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:58 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
AB istself does not fuel surcharge when redeeming on its own metal. JL surcharge are fairly low (I paid 250 EUR of charges for a one way LHR-HND with them in F), CX too.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
AB istself does not fuel surcharge when redeeming on its own metal. JL surcharge are fairly low (I paid 250 EUR of charges for a one way LHR-HND with them in F), CX too.
1) AB does takes YQ when redeeming through topbonus.
2) You cant book F flights with topbonus

There are some great redemptions to incredible rates with topbonus miles but as there are too many blogs reading here, I wont gonna post them here.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Interesting and show that the world of redemption is complex, as AB is one of the best redemption when doing through BA as it does not have YQ.
As for not sharing due to blogs, frankly this is against the spirit of FT which is about sharing knowledge.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys!!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
As for not sharing due to blogs, frankly this is against the spirit of FT which is about sharing knowledge.
Then share at first your secret of an JL F redemption.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:27 am

There is no secret, I did an award search, choose the date I wanted, booked it, pay.
The bill was the miles and 250 Euros of surcharge, one way LHR-HND in F.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
There is no secret, I did an award search, choose the date I wanted, booked it, pay.
The bill was the miles and 250 Euros of surcharge, one way LHR-HND in F.
You know the awardchart? There's no F Award bookable with topbonus miles...like 330 wrote before
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:26 pm

I never said I redeemed with Top Bonus. I said JL YQ is usually low, which i illustrated by an example. It is an Avios redemption. However the point stayed: JL redemption are low in YQ and thus it answers the OP question. If booked with an AB account, the YQ would be the same or lower.
I would note I am trying to be helpful to the OP while all of you are saying you know but will not share.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Delo
Hi Folks

I am new to Airberlin Airline and Would like to know what is the best redemption rate, low surcharges and fees. Because, I went through the redemption page and it shows 500 EUR Surcharges between Europe and Middle East on Etihad Airways.

Thanks in Advance
Did you try to book a direct flight on Etihad, or an Air Berlin flight connecting to an Etihad flight?

Etihad don't normally have surcharges, so I believe that Topbonus only adds them on itineraries that include Air Berlin connections.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:35 am

the best redemption would be between cities you want to travel in business obviously.

But looking at value the basic premise is that top bonus has a zonal chart that allows connections (not distance based) so the greater the distance the better the value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.