Gold Card on Air Berlin app

Subscribe
Hi

Is there anyway I can get my gold card on my iPhone?

I'm flying BA and my plastic card hasn't arrived yet?
The app is currently useless for that purpose, as logging in to one's account does not work.

Generally, the BA system will recognize your status, so just put your number into the AB booking and you'll be fine.
I booked through BA Though, If I change my FF number on the boarding pass will that be fine?
The login in the app does work now. It does show the status, but I can't recall that it would display any virtual card, etc. I don't know how much you need. Is showing that the app displays "GOLD" enough? Then it will do this.
Quote: I booked through BA Though, If I change my FF number on the boarding pass will that be fine?
Yes.
I assume no chances now, right? (Website still shows Gold status.)
Quote: I assume no chances now, right? (Website still shows Gold status.)
No chances for what?

topbonus status is almost meaningless today. airberlin no longer flies. Oneworld no longer recognises topbonus status (though you can still request a status match, if you hurry). The Etihad Airways Partners appear to have deleted all reference to airberlin from their respective websites, so they almost certainly won't recognise topbonus status.

Therefore, showing a Gold card in the app is a pointless exercise.
Quote: Oneworld no longer recognises topbonus status
It does, at least I got it recognized in the beginning of month (i.e. after supposed exit from oneworld). My boarding passes got Sapphire reflected in them.
Quote: It does, at least I got it recognized in the beginning of month (i.e. after supposed exit from oneworld). My boarding passes got Sapphire reflected in them.
Bear in mind that you are no longer entitled to any oneworld status benefits, regardless of whether your boarding pass states that you hold status (you have a topbonus card that also claims that status, and that is also no longer valid)

If you were able to successfully obtain oneworld status benefits, then no further rights can be derived from this error in your favour, and you cannot assume that the same will happen in future. If you need to rely on showing a topbonus status card [whether actual or virtual] then any competent agent will reject you, as the status is no longer recognised by any of the oneworld airlines.

https://www.oneworld.com/news-inform...rom-28-octob-1

Quote: Bear in mind that you are no longer entitled to any oneworld status benefits, regardless of whether your boarding pass states that you hold status (you have a topbonus card that also claims that status, and that is also no longer valid)
Thanks. Cannot verify this, as I was flying J, so lounge access etc were guaranteed regardless of Sapphire status. But I actually regretted booking J then, it was primarily for lounge access.

P. S. It does seem weird if their system still shows Sapphire, but status benefits aren't provided. Not sure it's even legal.
Quote: P. S. It does seem weird if their system still shows Sapphire, but status benefits aren't provided. Not sure it's even legal.
Not really.

There is no "law" about status and how it is depicted on boarding passes.

Many systems just take a snapshot of status at the time that the frequent flyer booking is made.

Ensuring that status is always up to date - to the extent that every booking system everywhere checks for status updates every day, for example, or even checking again at the time of check-in - is not the bread-and-butter of an airline's business.
I have added my AB number at the check-in counter of CX on the day of my flight (in December), just out of curiosity. Didn't expect it to work in fact. Check-in agent said they see Sapphire status and I got it in my boarding pass. I am pretty sure I'd be allowed into the lounge flying economy then, but cannot argue on that for a reason outlined above.
Yes; in most cases the boarding pass is accepted at face value.

However - and this goes back to the original question, which appears to show a desire to have or display a topbonus status card - which a trained, competent agent cannot ignore or overlook in the same way they can a mere status indication on the boarding pass - indicated that you either didn't know, or didn't realise, that all partners have indicated that topbonus status is now meaningless.

Therefore, there can only be negative consequences from displaying a topbonus card (save the usual human error that may occur, where access/privileges are either mistakenly given, or mistakenly witheld, depending on the individual situation).
barracuda93 likes this.
Thank you, I agree on this.