Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

How to update my FF# on an existing booking?

How to update my FF# on an existing booking?

Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Plat, BAEC Silver, TP Gold
Question How to update my FF# on an existing booking?

I have a booking on AB in April. I initially put in my BA FF# (no status) but now wants to change it to AB (Silver) for a free checked bag (I'm booked on Economy Light). Can't see this option anywhere under "My Bookings".
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You gotta call.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:52 am

I believe there's a way to change it via Finnair's website, but I don't remember the details. Try googling it and see if it comes up.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s4popo
I believe there's a way to change it via Finnair's website, but I don't remember the details. Try googling it and see if it comes up.
Perfect that worked, thanks! Funny how other airlines allow you to do what your own doesn't.... same with Air China when I had to go through LOT to see my booking lol
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:04 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by s4popo
It actually doesn't really work. I book AB using Avios all the time. BA number is attached when booking is made. I use Finnair or Qatar website to change to AA where I'm OWS. When I check in, boarding pass itself will still show BA number and no priority status. You have to call AB ahead of time or have check-in agent manually remove the BA#. Finnair/Qatar website merely appends the new FFP number on the booking but does not remove the original one.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
It actually doesn't really work. I book AB using Avios all the time. BA number is attached when booking is made. I use Finnair or Qatar website to change to AA where I'm OWS. When I check in, boarding pass itself will still show BA number and no priority status. You have to call AB ahead of time or have check-in agent manually remove the BA#. Finnair/Qatar website merely appends the new FFP number on the booking but does not remove the original one.
If you just add new FF without removing old one on Finnair website, it will keep both. You should first remove BA number on finnair site and then add your AA number.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Member

I don't see an option to remove prior FF number in Finnair manage booking website.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:46 am

I donot have existing booking to check but IIRC you can go to update FF number and then on the list of FF programmes there should be an option to select " none" or "select" or something like that. After selecting that and saving will remove your FF number. You can check with My Flights App to see if it is removed or not.

Last edited by lento; Mar 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Thanks for the tip.

You have to login to Finnair Manage Booking -> Update Your Details. Under Frequent flyer information, select Select form the drop down and clear out the existing value. Hit Continue to save. This should clear out the current FFP.

Go the airberlin manage booking to confirm no FFP.

Go back to Finnair to add desired FFP.

Go the airberlin manage booking to confirm new FFP.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Well I just went onto Finnair "Manage my bookings" link and updated my FF# on my AB booking. It accepted it. A few minutes later I went onto AB's website and checked my booking and it now shows my TopBonus number with indication that I get a free checked item and managed to select a free seat as well.

I find their website a bit weird though, I selected my free seat and still have to go through entering payment details before I can confirm the free seat....
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I find their website a bit weird though, I selected my free seat and still have to go through entering payment details before I can confirm the free seat....
Yes they have excellent IT
If you don't want to put your CC there, their call center can assign you your free seat.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
There is no way currently to add topbonus number to non-JAL flight online, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.