How many miles for a domestic German leg?

Subscribe
Hi,

I was wondering how many miles one would get as a AB GOLD for a domestic German leg on a eco-classic fare?

Is it 500 x2 ( for favourite route ) + 250 GOLD Bonus? = 1250 total spending miles?

And would it be 750 status-miles?

Thanks for helping me calculate if I should switch to AB....
This is the link to the current mileage earning table:

AB Mileage earning table

Then click on "Collect"

I would understand it the same way as you've calculated it. However in the past months since this new table is in effect I usually got more miles than that, don't realy know why...
I would not have a problem with more miles .....only if it is less than the 1250 for redemption....

Please how many status-miles did you get?
Trying to figure out if I would be able to get to platinum if I shift a lot of travel over....I understand that platinum can not be obtained by segments alone....

Also does the "free seat next to you" thing work?
When LH still had that feature it NEVER worked - as the check-in agents just ignored it..totally! When questioned a lot of them did not even know why the seat next to a SEN/ +Gold was "grey-ed" by the system....to show them....
In Economy Light, youŽll earn 125 Miles + Executive Bonus (so Silver gives you 157 Miles, Gold 188 Miles and Platinum 219 Miles).
In Economy Classic youŽll earn 500 Miles + Executive Bonus (so Silver gives you 625 Miles, Gold 750 Miles and Platinum 875 Miles).
In Economy Flex youŽll earn 750 Miles + Executive Bonus (so Silver gives you 938 Miles, Gold 1125 Miles and Platinum 1313 Miles).

The "my favorite Route" Benefit does not gives you double Status miles but only double base Awardmiles.
For example, youŽd get 500 Miles on a TXL-DUS flight when you book in Economy Classic.
If the route would be your favorite Route youŽd get 1250 Award Miles (500 + Executive Bonus + 500) and 750 Status miles (500 + Executive Bonus) if you have Gold status.

I have the Platinum Card and the seat blocking works in 99% of my flights.
Back in the time when I had Gold (which is bloody easy to get, in fact youŽd have to be a very good parkour runner in order to miss Gold) seat blocking worked most of the time (70-85%).
In addition, the benefit works way better on the touristic flights as there are less customers with a frequent flyer status (with the exception of PMI, which has a bunch of top tier customers at certain times of the day).
Quote:
I would understand it the same way as you've calculated it. However in the past months since this new table is in effect I usually got more miles than that, don't really know why...
Topbonus always has a promotion running
Thank you very much for the input......sounds like I need to give it a try...WAY better benefits than LH+EW!
I switched to EW this year. I am way happier than I was with AB. Better legroom in Row 4 and life is good. In addition, EW is always cheaper on my routes and has more frequencies and timetables on my routes (TXL-CGN, TXL-DUS).

AB got really bad over the last 9-10 Months. Back in the time, youŽd get a J class service in Y, with free food, welcome drinks etc.
Nowadays, you are allowed to buy a water for 3€ (on your Y flex reservation which was bloody expensive).

Also, they canceled a ton of routes, treated passengers with bookings on those routes really bad, and for sure will continue to do so.
But you hardly get any miles ( getting a free flight every 10 flights is a darn good ratio! ) and they have terrible check in staff.....I am just so sick with the outsourced monkeys they use at the EW counters - on-board service is probably way better....but I do not need that for the short flights. I am fine with the timetable that AB has....

When I needed a miles flight and there was NO WAY to get it on EW - but I could get a
EUR 200 flight for 12.500 AB miles ...that really got me thinking....
Quote: ...

Please how many status-miles did you get?

Also does the "free seat next to you" thing work?
FRA-TXL is my route for the double miles credit. In the past months I've got several times 1.875 miles oneway both for award+status, one time I've got 1.875 for award but 1.125 for status, one time I've got 1.800 and 1.050 and one time 2.400 and 1.400. I usually book classic or flex.

The free seat always works and I'm only Gold. This is probably the best benefit for topbonus Gold members...
Quote: But you hardly get any miles ( getting a free flight every 10 flights is a darn good ratio! ) and they have terrible check in staff.....I am just so sick with the outsourced monkeys they use at the EW counters - on-board service is probably way better....but I do not need that for the short flights. I am fine with the timetable that AB has....

When I needed a miles flight and there was NO WAY to get it on EW - but I could get a
EUR 200 flight for 12.500 AB miles ...that really got me thinking....
I still donŽt get how you manage to have a 10 flights/1 for free ratio.

I had way better experience with EW check in personnel.

Usually you can book nearly any EW flight as an award, as long the flight isŽnt within 3 days of departure.
For example on March 7th (so in 4 days) both early morning departures for TXL-CGN only are availible in Smart Flex and Best Flex meanwhile I am still able to book an Miles&More Award in Basic, Smart or Best for 35€ + Miles.
Most flights within Europe are 7500 AB or 10000 if you get 1250 per flight....that is not even 10 flights needed....
I need to book 6-8 month out maybe that is my problem with using EW miles....have net been able to use them or they were useless as 10000 for the flight + 35 tax when I can buy the flight for 59.99!

Thanks for your input still very fed up with EW .....specially their check in and handluggage police....
Also looking forward to the free seat feature and maybe some longhaul benefits....
Hope they match me to GOLD ....they would be stupid not to....
I am at about 100 flights a year but not enough to get SEN at LH because of 250 to 750 status miles per leg...
Will try to keep AB GOLD ans maybe even slip FT if AB gets me what I need...