Wiki Posts
Search

Strike in Tegel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Strike in Tegel

AB cancelled CPH-TXL tomorrow evening, claiming that this is because of the strike. They offer rebooking to a morning flight on Friday. What is known about this strike? (could not find much in English media). Will it be over by Friday morning?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:06 pm

The trade union Ver.di has announced strikes of ground staff at Berlin’s airports Schönefeld and Tegel on 16 February between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Due to the strike action, the airport company expects severe disruption of air traffic. We kindly request all passengers to enquire about the current status of their flights before travelling to the airport.
http://www.berlin-airport.de/en/comp...-bvd/index.php

I expect everything will be back to normal by Friday.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. This is a very useful pointer. I knew that one could count on this forum
This also means that if AB does not find a better solution for me tomorrow, delaying to Friday might just be very frustrating but workable.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Actually, AB re-booked me during the night on another airline, avoiding TXL tonight altogether. I got a faster direct connection about the same time. They did it automatically, I just got a check in invitation from another airline by email. I did not even have to go to the airport and live through all the mess and stress there. I am (again) impressed by their IRROPS service, unlike most people here. I am not sure why they always treat me so well. Perhaps, things work differently at the CPH station?

Anyway, praise is due where it's worth it: excellent handling from AB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.