Your experience on XL Seats in AB A330

Subscribe
Heyo,
as I normally fly EY to AUH, but they are not flying from TXL, I have some questions about the XL Seats.
I hold AB Gold, so they are free of charge.
I am currently placed on 14C on both legs, which one would you choose?
I have some doubt if 14C will be comfortable due to the armrest, what is your experience with the other XL seats? Are they more comfy etc?

Would love to get some other opinions than mine :P
XL seats are good, quite much space in front. For me 14 is too close to toilet. I would go down to 16, 17.
14 armrest is fixed. I would take another XL seat.
The seats are the same as the rest of the economy cabin but with more legroom, correct?
I changed my seat to 17 A and C now
Quote: The seats are the same as the rest of the economy cabin but with more legroom, correct?
Yes about 15 cm more IIRC
Are XL seats free of charge for Etihad Platinums?
Quote: Are XL seats free of charge for Etihad Platinums?
XL seats are free only for Topbonus elites
Quote: XL seats are good, quite much space in front. For me 14 is too close to toilet. I would go down to 16, 17.

seats on row 14 are emergency exits and there is no bathroom nearby, probably the best XL seats in the plane,
Quote: seats on row 14 are emergency exits and there is no bathroom nearby, probably the best XL seats in the plane,
There are toilets just after business cabin and before emergency exit at least on the right hand side of the plane.
I've flown transatlantic 4 times always in row 14 and it's a great Elite benefit.

A and K are "window" seats and the door mechanism intrudes in to your legroom. It looks awfully tempting to rest your legs on it but there is a big sign saying not to do so.

The toilet in front is for business class. I've never heard it and never been bothered by smell or anything else so I would suggest 14 is the way to go.

One of the disadvantages though is that the centre seats is a bassinet row and each time there's been young children in this area and if you get a noisy one this can detract from the experience.

I prefer the HK side to the AC side only because at boarding the entire plane load of passengers walks past 14A and C.
Why more people walk past 14AC than 14HK?
Quote: Why more people walk past 14AC than 14HK?
Because OP is one of the first to board and as a result everybody boarding behind will walk past him/her include J passengers who didn't pre board.
XL seats are a decent value at $100 for a transatlantic flight -- worth it for me for the eastbound night flight.

But I just learned the hard way: avoid 15DEFG and avoid 16 DEFG. There were no window seat pairs available, so I booked 16D and 16G, this being the second row according to seat guru and according to the diagram I saw when booking. However, there are two configurations for the A330, and our configuration changed and this was the bulkhead (no central part of row 15). While we had the two aisle seats, we had to uncomfortably twist our legs to be able to stretch them out for sleeping. 16EF would have been torture. (I am about 180 cms, 6 feet.)

VF