Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lounge in TXL Terminal C

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

New lounge in TXL Terminal C

Looks like there's (finally) a proper lounge in Terminal C at Tegel, noticed the new signage when I went through there today. The signage wasn't there last week and it still has that new lounge smell, so I'm guessing it's opened very recently... or I'm just not very observant.

It's very clearly signposted throughout the airside area, follow the grey 'Lounge' signs towards gate 80. If you can, I'd recommend going through the security checkpoint to the right of the check-in desks (past arrivals), not the main checkpoint to the left, as that sends you out very close to the entrance to the lounge.

It's not listed on the AB or OW lounge pages yet, but I didn't have any trouble getting in as a QF Platinum / OWE travelling in AB Y.

Facilities are basic but a decent step up from the 'exclusive waiting area'... there's cookies, pastries and other snacks, soup, hot and cold drinks, and three levels available - the ground floor and the first floor are roughly the same (lots of leather chairs and food and drink, although there's more food downstairs) and then there's a smoking area and terrace upstairs on the second floor. As far as a contract lounge goes, it's pretty good.

I didn't think to take any pictures sorry.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What a surprise, and a good one too. Thanks for letting us know!

Last edited by ffay005; Jan 25, 2017 at 8:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is an excellent piece of info. Thank you! I have 2.5hrs to kill there next week, and was planning to go to the AF lounge, thinking that the waiting area is a bit to rough for such a long time. Now I have something else to try
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:46 am

Here you can find some pictures:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/airpo...ml#post2211248

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/airpo...ml#post2211250

According to the thread there - entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: SK*G Diamond, AY+ Gold
Do they give access to OWS on AB flight, anyone knows?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It was operating on 13 JAN. Saw it on the way out of Schengen (TXL-JFK) so didn't have time to stop by as I spent all my connection time over at the Terminal A lounges.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by cheros
Do they give access to OWS on AB flight, anyone knows?
What is unclear?

entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
What is unclear?

entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
What is unclear is your attitude. If you didn't like the post, you didn't have to respond. And what I'm wondering is why you're posting links to pictures on another forum that requires registration to view them. If you wanted to be helpful, you could have downloaded them and uploaded them here on this forum. Instead, you did none of that, so I don't see a reason for this type of reaction.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
What is unclear is your attitude. If you didn't like the post, you didn't have to respond. And what I'm wondering is why you're posting links to pictures on another forum that requires registration to view them. If you wanted to be helpful, you could have downloaded them and uploaded them here on this forum. Instead, you did none of that, so I don't see a reason for this type of reaction.
Thanks.

And unclear, because in first post stated 'I didn't have any trouble getting in as a QF Platinum' and later 'entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment'

So would be nice to have some official and relevant information.
I will have a connection in TXL next week and just wanted to know whether it worth to walk there if departure will be from Terminal C.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
If you wanted to be helpful, you could have downloaded them and uploaded them here on this forum.
You seriously request that I steal pictures?!
I am speechless.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Not that you steal, but that you don't link to a non-English language site, requiring a login and account from here. This is just good practice (and if you violate it, you should have warned: In German, requires login - anything less is impolite).
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Departing from Terminal C today with AB to Vienna on a cheap ecolight ticket. As there is no signage or entry criteria, just a generic sign for 'lounge', I asked if I was eligible for access? The friendly gentleman at the front desk said no OneWorld access and even if there would be, you needed to be gold (I have a BA silver card). However, he then scanned my ticket and the computer decided I was allowed to enter.

I'm guessing the computer just checks against the eligibility criteria as if it is standard OW lounge? Or maybe I was just lucky....

Shuttle
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:01 am

Thanks for sharing.
It means it always worth to try if you are in C...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle
Departing from Terminal C today with AB to Vienna on a cheap ecolight ticket. As there is no signage or entry criteria, just a generic sign for 'lounge', I asked if I was eligible for access? The friendly gentleman at the front desk said no OneWorld access and even if there would be, you needed to be gold (I have a BA silver card). However, he then scanned my ticket and the computer decided I was allowed to enter.

I'm guessing the computer just checks against the eligibility criteria as if it is standard OW lounge? Or maybe I was just lucky....
There is often confusion with regards to Silver/Gold/Platinum elite levels and the corresponding oneworld Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald levels. I would assume basic oneworld rules apply and the front desk agent's statement is simply based on less than ideal training.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Any recent visits in this lounge to elude confusions about OW elite access?
Pictures would be nice too...
thx

EDIT: in the next post I quote what I actually found on airberlin.com. Seems OWS and OWE are good.

Last edited by FFlash; Feb 10, 2017 at 1:29 pm Reason: found info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.