New lounge in TXL Terminal C

Subscribe
There are no strong alcohols. Only cheap wine and beer. For this AF/BA have better choice. The toilets are very close, so this is not a problem (the problem is that they are rundown and dirty). I find the food limited but quite a bit better than AF/BA. The interior is pleasant and reasonably spacey, if you care to walk one floor up.
Quote: According to the thread there - entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
entered multiple times with AZ*G flying on AB. Always with problems, always opening AB's own webpage and this lounge's infopage, where it is stated clearly that AZ*G/D have access... then allowed "as exception"...
I've entered multiple times as a QF Platinum / OWE member flying in Y on AB. I've never had any problems, just have to scan my boarding pass and that's it.
Quote: love that there is no toilet in this new lounge. yet another example of Berlin Servicewste!
Well, there is also no toilet in the AF/KLM and BA lounges
The best moments are those when some guest needs to visit such places (basement or just through the glass-door at Starbucks) and is told that they cannot leave their luggage for security reasons. They need to take it with them and then return. The ladies at the AF/KLM desk insist on this rule rather fervently.

Nevertheless, it's already progress to have a lounge in terminal C.

I am sure the lounce concept of the new airport will have more funny quirks waiting for us...

--j.
Noticed yesterday that there are new signs on the entrance to the lounge, that some people may find useful here:
- the AB lounge in Terminal C opens at 5.30 in the morning (closing time is not given, I guess until the last departure from Terminal C).
- one can pay access with a credit card. The price is 36 EUR
- there is now logos of airlines on the entrance: AB (access with a C ticket, economy flex ticket, Platinum, Gold card, and airline voucher) and Hainan Airlines (with airline voucher)

The latter is new to me. It seems that they are opening up this lounge slowly.
this lounge do not belong to Airberlin, Th lounge is okay but i will strongly suggest to use BA lounge
Why? I find it easier to access and better than BA?
Quote: this lounge do not belong to Airberlin, Th lounge is okay but i will strongly suggest to use BA lounge
I am VERY surprised!
Isn't BA the worst lounge at TXL?
Quote: I am VERY surprised!
Isn't BA the worst lounge at TXL?
Apart from the Erdinger Weibier they have on offer I strongly agree. The offerings in terminal C are limited, but the food quality is rather nice.

The lounge is owned and operated by the airport and in principle open to all airlines, airberlin and Hainan being the only ones interested in providing access to their frequent flyers and business class passengers so far.