New lounge in TXL Terminal C

Subscribe
Quote: Wow, it looks quite good as far as TXL lounges go.
Given Brandenburg's opening date, it might as well become a permanent fixture
That was a long necessary move lol
Do they have any decent food offerings? The "food" in the BA lounge is consistently disappointing..
The food selection is very narrow: a soup, some sandwiches, yogurt and some pastry/pretzel. Drinks are very limited too (beer and wine, one unsophisticated kind each, if I remember correctly). The quality is, IMHO, higher quite a notch than in BA/AF lounges. I found the food at the level of the Marche cafes in the terminal. I recall that initially there was actually a sign that Marche delivered catering -- I have not seen any sign this week.

Another data point: there seems to be smoking space in this lounge (on the last floor), you can apparently get outside to the balcony (also on the last floor), where you can watch the machines parked around gates 80-90; and there is no facilities in the lounge (which now becomes a hallmark of TXL :P).
Quote: The food selection is very narrow: a soup, some sandwiches, yogurt and some pastry/pretzel. Drinks are very limited too (beer and wine, one unsophisticated kind each, if I remember correctly). The quality is, IMHO, higher quite a notch than in BA/AF lounges. I found the food at the level of the Marche cafes in the terminal. I recall that initially there was actually a sign that Marche delivered catering -- I have not seen any sign this week.

Another data point: there seems to be smoking space in this lounge (on the last floor), you can apparently get outside to the balcony (also on the last floor), where you can watch the machines parked around gates 80-90; and there is no facilities in the lounge (which now becomes a hallmark of TXL :P).
The salads are straight from Marche.

And yes it is kind of dumb that you have to leave the lounge to use the loo
Quote:
And yes it is kind of dumb that you have to leave the lounge to use the loo
You can always decide to use Exclusive Waiting Area in Terminal C - there are restrooms in that 'lounge'
If yu are departing from Cx, and need facilities, this is clearly a better choice than a 10 minute hike there and back.
Damn, noticed the thread only now.. checked our the lounge today - definitely better than the (other) OW lounges at TXL.

Hope they have A/C in the summer, today it was like a sauna..
lounges at txl
best food: air france (terminal a) and weltbürger (terminal c)

most comfortable: british airways (terminal a)

least comfortable but more fancy food: weltbürger

my opinion :-)
Quote: best food: air france (terminal a) and weltbürger (terminal c)

most comfortable: british airways (terminal a)

least comfortable but more fancy food: weltbürger

my opinion :-)
Welcome to Flyertalk!

IMHO all TXL lounges offer mediocre food options... Quite sad...
love that there is no toilet in this new lounge. yet another example of Berlin Servicewüste!
Quote: love that there is no toilet in this new lounge. yet another example of Berlin Servicewüste!
Total disaster, I wish they'd shut it down again

None of the other lounges usable for AB passengers have a restroom. At least Weltbürger lounge is behind security, which is a vast improvement. Of course people will always find something to moan about, but given the limited remaining lifetime of Tegel, why tear up the apron and terminal to install some sewage pipes? Makes no sense economically.
According to the thread there - entry only for AB gold and plat at the moment.
Quote: Total disaster, I wish they'd shut it down again

None of the other lounges usable for AB passengers have a restroom. At least Weltbürger lounge is behind security, which is a vast improvement. Of course people will always find something to moan about, but given the limited remaining lifetime of Tegel, why tear up the apron and terminal to install some sewage pipes? Makes no sense economically.
Didn't they say that about Tegel 6 years ago?
Quote: Didn't they say that about Tegel 6 years ago?
Yeah, they might still be saying it in another 6 years
The lounge is a real improvement for the C "Terminal".

Except of the toilets it is perfectly fine:

- Good selection of drinks
- Eatable food selection
- Good views
- Enough space - I was there during the morning rush and while downstairs everything was packed on the upper floor I was on my own.