Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade a W class fare ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Upgrade a W class fare ?

Is a W class economy fare upgradeable to business class using TopBonus miles ?

Is there a way to see online if there are seats available for upgrading into using TopBonus miles ?

Cheers.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:56 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
All confirmed and full paid economy tickets are upgradeable unless bought it through a tour operator (usually in connection with a hotel).
you can check online if you are able to book a business class award. If yes, then you can also upgrade (booking class U will be used). At the airport you can upgrade, however you need 12.500 miles more.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Quick question: I assume it's possible to upgrade another pax (in any revenue fare class) using my miles if there's business class award availability?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:06 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
yes, it´s possible to upgrade another pax with miles
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gkl
Great - thanks!^
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by gkl
It is indeed although the American topbonus desk does not always know. At LAX they declined (reason: not in the same booking), so I had to use the other pax' miles and call the German Hotline later, they credited the miles back and charged my account manually.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Interested to know if the A320s flown to Hurghada have business class seating and what type of seats they are ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.