Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Wrong phone numbers in cancellation notice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Just got an email saying my flight has been cancelled. It has US, UK, and German customer service numbers to call. But the US phone number is clearly wrong.

Here's the US number they give: 917 26 13 165

I also tried the UK numbers (they give two), and one seemed to be malformed. They give

+49 180 6 334 334 (doesn't work)
+49 30 3434 3333 (worked!)

As a customer, I find it really, really surprising to be sent such an important email with incorrect phone numbers.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Matthew Haines
Just got an email saying my flight has been cancelled. It has US, UK, and German customer service numbers to call. But the US phone number is clearly wrong.

Here's the US number they give: 917 26 13 165

I also tried the UK numbers (they give two), and one seemed to be malformed. They give

+49 180 6 334 334 (doesn't work)
+49 30 3434 3333 (worked!)

As a customer, I find it really, really surprising to be sent such an important email with incorrect phone numbers.
Hmm, I agree that this would indeed be very surprising. I just dialed the US number to double-check and it worked perfectly well for me. Maybe you forgot to dial +1 from outside of the US? As far as the +49 numbers are concerned, they are both in Germany (not in the UK). Numbers starting with +49 180 sometimes indeed cannot be called from abroad, but as you were saying, the +49 30 number works in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.