AB7249 Tonight JFK-TXL

Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

AB7249 Tonight JFK-TXL

Daughter is on this flight now with a connection to FCO for their honeymoon. Scheduled depart out of JFK was 6:00 pm but actual was 7:11. They have a connection on AB to FCO scheduled to depart TXL at 9:00 am. Any chance they will make the connection? It looks like AB only has one flight a day to FCO and these are award flights that my daughter is on using AA miles.

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:25 pm

Flight aware shows a 7:53am arrival, so it's possible they will make it. I took that same flight a couple years ago and immigration was right after exiting the plane (so I don't think we were mixed in with other arriving flights) and was very fast. It's a small airport so they'll get to their next flight quickly.

If not, AB is responsible for getting them to FCO. I'm sure they can route them through DUS without too much of a delay. You might look at some alternative routes and send to her so she knows what's possible when speaking with an agent. I hope they get there without too much trouble and enjoy their honeymoon!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:22 pm

airberlin and Alitalia have codeshares on each others' flights and I am confident AB will put them on AZ, if they miss their connection. With an hour of time to connect they should easily make it though. The flight from JFK arrives either at gate A0 or at terminal C. From both arriving gates the walk to the departure terminal C will be fairly short. There aren't any national holidays and lines at security should not be too bad.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Arriving flights Ex-USA should not have to go through security again at DUS so 1h should be PLENTY to clear immigration
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Arriving flights Ex-USA should not have to go through security again at DUS so 1h should be PLENTY to clear immigration
I was not aware that TXL is in Duesseldorf.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I was not aware that TXL is in Duesseldorf.
Ops, of course TXL would necessitate re-clearing security due to the mess that it is
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Ops, of course TXL would necessitate re-clearing security due to the mess that it is
That is however what the Americans are used to, so not a big issue. And the lines in TXL are certainly not as long as at a US airport since most of them are only dealing with one or two flights in A and I ever experienced C really crowded unless there are school holidays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.