Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Successful redemption via call center in english

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:30 am
Original Poster

There have been two articles on a rather popular blog about the lack of english speaking agents at topbonus call center. While initially it is a struggle to find the right phone number to call and how to navigate the menu, there are very competent agents who speak fluent english.

I had to call twice in the last couple of weeks to redeem miles for a QR biz class award and I don't understand german at all. Yesterday it was a female and last week a very competent gentleman. I called last week to check the availability and made sure to ask the agent how to successfully navigate the menu and the told me 1/2/1. Called yesterday to make the booking.

Here's how it worked:

- called +49 1806343333 (I used Google Voice 0.04eur/min), it will be all in german;

- first prompt is about the recording of the call or the feedback at the end the call, they ask to press 1, ignore this;

- then it's the menu, first question press 1, second question 2, third 1;

That's the agent you need to check availability/book awards over the phone. Ask politely if they can help you in english. Yesterday my first call was a female that kept saying "nein, nein". HUACA. Second call it was another female with perfect english.

She found the award space (matching BAs) from Australia-Doha-Europe, saved the seats, took my TB # and then wife's, calculated the taxes, took my credit card and phone number to call back in case of payment a problem. Told me it will take about 10 mins to receive the confirmation.

A little over 10 mins later I had ticket numbers and confirmation. Overall, it was way too easy when know how to reach them.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Quite useful - thank you for sharing...
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:48 am

Did the same as you did for 3-4 times and all the agents kept saying 'nein nein' too! haha
Think i have to try it again, What time did u call them?

They did understand what I said in english but they just didnt want to reply in english. They kept saying it to me in german which I understand a little bit but it couldnt help when it come to booking an award flight

Last edited by mylabel; Nov 9, 2016 at 11:15 am
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

I always called between 16-18 GMT.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:50 am

Just redeemed my award flight via US callcenter number... It worked perfectly and got my ticket issued in 10 minutes! The agent was very helpful
Guess i have found another way haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.