Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Christmas cancellations

I hope you don't find my question ridiculous... but the thing is, I mostly fly AY and am not very familiar with AB. AY tends to cancel most their flights during Christmas. While understandable as such, the problem is that sometimes, those flights get loaded into the system and are bookable, only to be cancelled some months before Christmas, at which point they'll reroute or reimburse you.

Does AB do this as well, or do they mostly fly a normal schedule on 25DEC?

If they fly a reduced schedule, will they have cancelled any flights from their systems by now, about two months before?

I'd hate to be in a situation where I buy a ticket and book a non-refundable hotel only to have the flight cancelled later on... The route would be TXL-HEL.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
I donīt think that they cancel any flights around Christmas, as Germans do travel a lot around this time. If you can book it now, I assume it will happen.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
In my experience they just don't file some flights around christmas. Eg on the 25th they have a reduced schedule on a lot of routes.

Personally I would book without worrying about a CANX.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks for your insights. I made the booking now, flying TXL-HEL on 25DEC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.