45 Min Layover DUS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:48 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
45 Min Layover DUS

Hey All,

I'm booked ARN-DUS-LAX and I had a A321 from ARN-DUS on Air Berlin. They have now changed the aircraft to an AVRO100 Jet, which was a surprise to me as I did not think Air Berlin had them, but they do contract out 3.

Anyhow...this now gives me just 45 minutes to make my connection at DUS.

If my first flight is on time, will that be long enough ?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
If everything is on time, it should work... it's a quick walk from the bus drop off to Terminal C area.

And I had numerous flights where AB was waiting for transit passenger... (last time on DUS-JFK approx. 40 mins)
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:56 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
So thanks to Air Berlin subbing my flight to a WDL aviation charter on the ARN-DUS flight, as the plane was 30 years old and could not fly higher than 31,000 FT we had to spend some time going around weather, so we landed after my flight to LAX had departed.

I went to the ticket desk and got my flight rebooked to the next day, but the AB flight was sold out, so now I'm going via LHR on BA.

Do I have any grounds for EU261 compensation here ?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I would give it a shot. There is high chance that they will claim weather conditions though, normally exempted from compensation. How do you know that the age of the plane was the culprit? (if this case could be documented, then using a too old plane, certainly does not sound like extraordinary circumstance - it is planned).

You should of course claim duty-of-care expenses. (Hotel, taxi, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.