Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 "true" window seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

A330 "true" window seats

Please forgive me if this has been posted/asked before, but I couldn't find any clarification doing a search.
I'm booked in J on the 7450 DUS-JFK and am looking to score on of the true window seats. Looking at the Seatmap in Seatguru it seems these would be 3 A/K and 5 A/K. My current seat assignment however is 4A, which shouldn't even exist!? The Expert Flyer seatmap also suggests I will be in one of the true window seats. Reading trip reports about airberlins A330, I find confusing pictures and reports suggesting both setups exist?

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I'm hesitant to call airberlin because I doubt they know their own product very well...

Thank you guys very much in advance!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
They leased some ex-LX aircraft (not 100% sure, but jugging by the aircraft internal decor these are ex-LX). On these aircraft the seat assignment is different. Do a dummy booking on airberlin.com to confirm which seats are 'true' window.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
There are indeed two different configurations, one with the "true window" seats in the even rows and the other on in the odd rows. The GDS seatmap reflects the planned version, but changes, even at short notice are always possible.

The seat product is, however, the same. It's leased from Etihad and practically the same Etihad is also using on their older A330s. It's full flat but many find it a bit tight.

As far as I know, the difference has nothing to do with ex-LX aircraft. Previously AB had the also previous LX angle flat business class seats installed. This also in aircraft which are not former LX aircraft. However, now all two class A330 have been updated with the Etihad style product for quite some time now.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by swiss_global

As far as I know, the difference has nothing to do with ex-LX aircraft.
I was referring to the pink aircraft decor (the walls) which reminds me of the LX decor. Seats are not LX.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by TPJ
I was referring to the pink aircraft decor (the walls) which reminds me of the LX decor. Seats are not LX.
never noticed this, sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.