Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AirBerlin won't help you if you don't speak English! Here's how...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus, TopBonus, Miles & More, Flying Blue

Right - long story short. I've been trying to reach airberlin to speak to a human for 10 days. I've had the phone put down on me four times since I didn't speak German and the other times I've put down the phone myself since we couldn't communicate.

Twice today I've been given the official AirBerlin position which is to call and call and call again until you reach someone who speaks English (there is no option to chose English anywhere on the menus of the official numbers they post). Bear in mind you may wait twelve minutes each time as I did.

I have found the solution! Shame AirBerlin by posting on their Facebook page. The team managing that is super efficient and they will contact you asking for your details so you can get called by one of their English-speaking representatives. Has worked twice in two days!

Good luck!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I have found Air Berlin to be quite professional whenever I have contacted them, and I only speak English. Also, in my experience probably 95% of Germans I come in contact with speak English very well. Even if I call the German line, they will help me in English.

Your thread title also has English instead of German, presumably.

Your post really does not match up to my own personal experience.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
The OP has only 2 postings and both complaining about Air Berlin
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:22 am

I lived in Ge for 10yrs and never had a problem with getting help. They are very nice and kind people. I dont believe this post
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Charlie Cain
..since I didn't speak German..
Which shouldn't be a great obstacle to you as they only want to speak English to you ....
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Your thread title also has English instead of German, presumably.

Originally Posted by =keitherson
]Your post really does not match up to my own personal experience.
Nor mine, but I have sufficient German to make an initial polite enquiry as to whether I may use English, so perhaps the approach used helps.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...ll-center.html

Originally Posted by SMART51
The OP has only 2 postings and both complaining about Air Berlin
We like consistency. In any language!!!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
My experience has also been quite poor. I live in Switzerland and the number provided for this country does not provide service in any language other than german.

It is pretty frustrating as I am waiting for miles from three pretty expensive flights for more than a month now.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, TK Gold, A3 Silver
We have been trying to redeem flights on Bangkok Airways with my partner's Topbonus points but also failed to find someone who speaks English to help. We even tried the US and Swedish numbers (my partner speaks Swedish) and were on hold for ten minutes each time without speaking to anyone! E-mailing Topbonus only resulted in a generic response telling us to call the German contact centre on 0049 1806 343 333, so full circle! Any better suggestions than to keep trying until an English-speaking consultant pops up?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, TK Gold, A3 Silver
We are also finding it impossible to talk to an English-speaking agent. We are trying to redeem Bangkok Airways flights (so unable to do on-line) with my partner's Topbonus points but had no luck with the German contact number. We even tried the US and Swedish numbers only to be left on hold to music for ten minutes each time without talking to ANYone. E-mailing them has only resulted in a generic response telling us to call the German contact number, so we have gone full circle! Any advice other than calling Germany and hoping an English-speaking agent pops up?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Posted in wrong thread, please delete
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Yep, it's true it's true... Just called the Air Berlin line and got connected to a German speaking CSR who didnt speak a lick of English..I've been to Germany 5x and never encountered anyone who did not speak a word of English. mind blown. huaca now
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by randcool
I lived in Ge for 10yrs and never had a problem with getting help. They are very nice and kind people. I dont believe this post
Bear in mind that most AB call centers are not in Germany but in Poland and Romania.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:00 am

I'm not sure if call center in Poland still exists. I've been trying to get in contact with Polish speaking agent for several times but with no success. Considering names of agents I spoke with within last couple of months, most of them were from Romania and only two from Germany.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Was just told on the phone that the Topbonus desk does not have a single english speaker since they realigned operations in March.

Mind.Blown.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Isn't this a bit difficult to organize a call center with German speaking operators without a single English speaking operator? All this is a bit fishy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.