Seating preferences on A321

Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, IB Plus, AY Plus, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Seating preferences on A321

Good evening (or morning, even!),

I have a segment with Airberlin in a couple of weeks on one of their A321-200.

Not having flown before with this airline, my question is simple: is it worth getting seat 1A over 12A (exit row)?

I know there won't be any seat in front of 12A which gives basically unlimited legroom but can't find any picture to see the area around 1A so I could figure out if it's comparable in terms of legroom, and with the benefit of being seated in the first row.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Javier Pena
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:46 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Good morning back to you!

IMO the exit row is your choice if legroom is important. Row 1 has no extra legroom and as you can't put any luggage there and the bin above is used for airline stuff I usually avoid it at all cost. Also the seats are a bit smaller as a tray table uses up some of the width of your seat. At both locations there is a good chance that the seat next to you remains unoccupied as it can only be reserved for AB Golds and up or against payment or on a high fareclass.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, IB Plus, AY Plus, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Club
That's fantastic, Ralf! Exactly what I needed to make up my mind and go for 12A

Thank you so much for your help. It's always great to be part of this community.

Javier

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.