Wiki Posts
Search

Always delayed: BOS-DUS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Always delayed: BOS-DUS

Why is BOS-DUS always delayed? It's 7:45 pm right now and we are still waiting to board. Not happy as it seems I will miss my ICE train connection in DUS. Fifty euro down the drain.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
... just 2hrs delay Welcome to Düsseldorf
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I will miss my ICE train connection in DUS
its not a connection - its a seperate train ticket.
Moreover, you would have to calculate in some hours for changing to a train on a saver fare.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Why is BOS-DUS always delayed? It's 7:45 pm right now and we are still waiting to board.
Assumedly you knew of the recurring issue yet you still booked...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
because the weather has been bad for the past month...that said, most of the delays have been because of torrential rain in the afternoons... what time did the flight actually depart DUS today?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
Assumedly you knew of the recurring issue yet you still booked...
geesh you guys are tough!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A DB counter agent once told me that it is possible to upgrade a saver ticket to the normal price by paying the fare difference, so the ticket is not totally lost. But you have to find an agent who is willing and competent enough to it. That you will certainly NOT find at Düsseldorf airport, that counter is dreadful and really sucks,,a disgrace to DB. But Duisburg or Düsseldorf main station would do it, I reckon.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:06 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by Concerto
A DB counter agent once told me that it is possible to upgrade a saver ticket to the normal price by paying the fare difference, so the ticket is not totally lost. But you have to find an agent who is willing and competent enough to it. That you will certainly NOT find at Düsseldorf airport, that counter is dreadful and really sucks,,a disgrace to DB. But Duisburg or Düsseldorf main station would do it, I reckon.
Every Sparpreis Ticket can be used on a later train against payment of the fare difference plus a service fee of IIRC 15 Euro. This can also be done onboard long distance trains (ICE, EC, IC). And as it is a hassle for the conductor to do, many may be willing to let you ride with your existing ticket if you describe the circumstances (5 out of 5 for me so far...).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, a couple of them insisted I pay for a new ticket there and then. Guess it depends on who you get as a ticket controller, but I didn't know you could do it on the train.

I also wonder about the BOS-DUS delays. It must be selling well because I haven't been able to find a single miles ticket (for the dates I need).
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Why is BOS-DUS always delayed? It's 7:45 pm right now and we are still waiting to board. Not happy as it seems I will miss my ICE train connection in DUS. Fifty euro down the drain.
I just purchased a Sparpreis Ticket last month. Refundable minus service charge up to and including day of departure. If purchased online you should be able to refund it online.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flew this on the 28th. We boarded at about midnight, took off at 1:30AM. Absolutely no notification of the delay until I got the desk agent at check-in, then no notifications when it began to be delayed even more, and every time you asked them when we were boarding, the response was "Hopefully in 15 minutes" until we finally had a gate change around 11pm, and eventually took off at 130. Nothing at all besides a short apology on the plane.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kick6
Flew this on the 28th. We boarded at about midnight, took off at 1:30AM. Absolutely no notification of the delay until I got the desk agent at check-in, then no notifications when it began to be delayed even more, and every time you asked them when we were boarding, the response was "Hopefully in 15 minutes" until we finally had a gate change around 11pm, and eventually took off at 130. Nothing at all besides a short apology on the plane.
The incoming flight that day was delayed by 5 hours. AB7472 scheduled arrival was 1520. Actual arrival was 2018. Of course AB would have known AB7473 was going to be delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.