Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Purchase Business Upgrade from Economy Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I've purchased an economy class ticket with ThankYou points on Airberlin. Today I saw a great deal on business class fares for the exact route I'm on and wanted to pay the fare difference if possible between what I paid and the new business class fare. However, since it was a non-refundable ticket, the ThankYou points travel agent said they couldn't change the ticket and let me pay for an upgrade to business. I called AirBerlin and they said they can't change the ticket because it was booked via a travel agent. Why is it so hard to give AirBerlin more money!

Does anyone know if there are any other options to pay for business class? Can I try to buy it at the gate?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Any answers?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
AB do auctions for upgrades.
Bids from EUR505 one way.
Not sure if travel agent in between gets in the way of that.

But in answer to your question why is it hard to give them more money, "They are German". A friend of mine had exactly the same problem with LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.