Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Is AB releasing J awards to AA & BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, HH

Hello all,

I'm having the toughest time finding anything in the front of the plane? Has AB stopped releasing space to OneWorld partners??
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Online (which I think does not work) or via Hotline (which typically works)
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:12 am

Finding award space on AB has never been easy, as they typically release two seats early out (if at all). Once those are booked no more seats will be released. Availability can be checked on airberlin.com and ba.com, inventory is the same for AB topbonus and oneworld partners.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
For partner award in J, you have to call in and book.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: all
you can book both via AA and BA online. I just booked next week SFO to DUS in J online using AA.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I was able to nab a seat in J on the DUS to SFO flight last week. I was able to do it online with AA.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
For Gold and Platinum Elites airberlin has a waiting list. So far I have alway received an award space through the waiting list although there was no award space available anymore.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I was looking at some dates this summer to TXL. AB had J space available on a few dates on aa.com. Mostly on the ORD-TXL flights. Keep in mind that AB's 332s only have 20 J seats to begin with.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jma12
For partner award in J, you have to call in and book.
You don't have to call to book using Aadvantage or Avios. And to answer OP's question, yes J awards are available. Saw J award seats last week for JFK-DUS vv.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I was looking at some dates this summer to TXL. AB had J space available on a few dates on aa.com. Mostly on the ORD-TXL flights. Keep in mind that AB's 332s only have 20 J seats to begin with.
Just grabbed J on Bos-Dusseldorf through AA for June 28. Already had an Alitalia to FCO and on to MAD through DL but figured I'd just look for fun and it was there.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: all
not only can you buy them online on aa, you can even hold them free like aa tickets
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
When does AB actually release seats that can be booked? Seems to me the best way to do it is to book the moment inventory is released. I'm having no luck trying to find business class seats using AB's own TopBonus program.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: MilagePlus AAvanntage
Details please

Originally Posted by 330
For Gold and Platinum Elites airberlin has a waiting list. So far I have alway received an award space through the waiting list although there was no award space available anymore.
How does one access this waitlist?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by drsugarman
How does one access this waitlist?
You'll need to call in and ask to be upgraded with miles. They will then go ahead and check availability. If there are no open seats you will be asked if you'd like to be waitlisted.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Concerto
When does AB actually release seats that can be booked? Seems to me the best way to do it is to book the moment inventory is released. I'm having no luck trying to find business class seats using AB's own TopBonus program.
I'm also trying to figure out if there's any logic (or pattern) to how/when AB releases award inventory. Anyone here have any experience/insights?

Some airlines release award inventory predictable (a very limited number, but predictably as they load inventory into their system, say 330 or 359 days in advance). Some airlines load that award inventory and make it available only to their own FF members for a few weeks, so their own get first crack at the seats, and only after some interval (eg 30 days) then if there are any award seats left, partners get access.

Is there any rhyme or reason to how AB makes award inventory available (to their own FF members and also to partners)?

Thanks for any insights/suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.