Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB G on JU marketed + op by EY - lounge&priority checkin

Old May 23, 2016, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,
so this is kind of a tough one for me.
I'm AirBerlin Gold and I'm flying the following route (all in economy):
TXL-BEG op by JU
BEG-AUH op by JU
AUH-BKK op by EY

BKK-AUH op by EY
AUH-BEG op by EY
BEG-TXL op by JU

Every segment is marketed by JU.
Now JU is part of Etihad Guest and EY+AB are partners when it comes to status + lounge access etc.

But the information I can find online is not clear on a few things:

1) Can I do priority check in @TXL with JU and @BKK with EY?
2) Can I access any lounges in TXL/BEG/AUH?
3) Is +1 guest allowed at the lounges (loungebuddy says no)?

I read in the past that you can't enter the EY lounge as AZ Elite (I'm also that if it helps) if the EY flight is marketed by another carrier, it must be marketed and operated by EY so I'm afraid this will be the case for my itinerary as well.

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Hello,

I did make the trip last year on a flight operated by AirSerbia and Ethiad issued on AirSerbia stock.

My experiences are following

Lounge:
in Belgrade and Abu Dhabi = you and 1 guest will be allowed to get into lounge. You can access the Al Reem Lounge lounge.
in Berlin: I do not think you will be allowed as Topbonus Gold (one lounge is managed by AirFrance and they accept only customer flying on Airberlin; the other one is managed by BA and they only accept guest flying on Oneworld carriers). You will be able to access the AB waiting area in Terminal C.

For check-in, if you the agent is Etihad or JU or AB they will allow you using Business counters. If the agent is someone from the airport they may not be aware of that perk. Just ask.

For you info here the difference between Top Bonus and Millemiglia
Alitalia Elite (gold) and Elite + (platinum) as well as TopBonus Gold flying Eco can only access Al Reem Lounge .
Topbonus Platinum can access the Etihad Business lounge even traveling in Eco.

One question:
Did you manage to book the "extra cheap" fare on edreams of last week?

Last edited by PROACTIVE; May 23, 2016 at 3:12 am
Old May 23, 2016, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
Did you manage to book the "extra cheap" fare on edreams of last week?
Thx for the quick reply!
Yes, I did
Even thou its all marketed by JU its still issued on EY stock...

Are you 100% sure that in BEG+AUH its +1 guest as AB Gold? Cause Loungebuddy says no guests allowed and usually they are pretty accurate about those things...
How about the lounge @BKK when flying back?
Old May 23, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by fuyao
Thx for the quick reply!
Yes, I did
Even thou its all marketed by JU its still issued on EY stock...

Are you 100% sure that in BEG+AUH its +1 guest as AB Gold? Cause Loungebuddy says no guests allowed and usually they are pretty accurate about those things...
How about the lounge @BKK when flying back?
Hello,
just checked the German version of the AB site for the AUH lounge:

"Inhaber der topbonus Platinum und Gold Card sowie Gste mit oneworld Emerald und Sapphire Status drfen eine Begleitperson mit in die Lounge nehmen" => in short Gold and Platinum can bring a guest into the lounge.

Should be same for Belgrade. As bringing a guest is one of the perks of the Gold status.

About BKK I have read about mixed experiences.
Basically there should be no lounge access but some people have reported they got a complimentary voucher to access the BKK lounge having a TopBonus Gold card.

For your info the Top Bonus card is not well know in Asia. In lounges that are managed by the airports, dragoons are less keen to give you access or even read the rules given by the airlines ( had this bad experience in Mumbai last February).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.