Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Booking with miles : online tool issue & pricing

Old May 9, 2016, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator

Hello

I have a question on miles redemption for an Airberlin operated flight.

I would like to book a Olbia - Saarbrucken via Tegel (direct flight does not exist).

Now looking at the options offered online I can see there are available seats for the day I want to book.

- There is only one OLB TXL on that day so no question here
- But there are many TXL SCN available. The Airberlin online tool allows be to book in one PNR only the worst combination available (layover in TXL of 4 hours)

Now I also saw that all the flight between TXL and SCN in that day can be booked with miles.

Booking the combination with the long layover costs 17500 miles including taxes
Making 2 booking would cost me 17500 miles for the international segment and 15000 miles for the national one = 32500 miles

Do you know if this is a common issue on AB? Is this a strategy to oblige me to make 2 separate booking that would cost me twice as much as one booking?
Old May 10, 2016, 2:19 am

I suggest you call them and try to make booking which fits your requirements. I've experienced many times that their online tool shows only small part of possible connections and it's much better to deal with call center agent.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Just called.

No effort made and answer was quick: only combinations available are those shown in the online tool.

I called teh Platinum call center
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I see now it is possible to book IB award flights online via Topbonus. But it looks like only Y is shown, for J still need to call... Anyone seen IB J available online?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
Do you know if this is a common issue on AB? Is this a strategy to oblige me to make 2 separate booking that would cost me twice as much as one booking?
This is a general "feature" - google for "married segments"
Happens not only with AB but with many airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.